No internet. Send help.

FelixSutton

Hi so we recently got our modem/nbn swapped for a new one and it didn’t work. So we’ve had no internet for a week. It showed we had a connection and the people on the phone said everything looked fine. They sent us a new modem by TPLINK and I can show screenshots of what I’ve done. For some reason the internet once again isn’t loading properly. I feel like I might of stuffed up the wiring because the internet light is off and I think the DSL light should be on. Or maybe I heard something about the internet provider needing to activate the internet.

Someone help. I can’t last any longer.

Just now, FelixSutton said:

Hi so we recently got our modem/nbn swapped for a new one and it didn’t work. So we’ve had no internet for a week. It showed we had a connection and the people on the phone said everything looked fine. They sent us a new modem by TPLINK and I can show screenshots of what I’ve done. For some reason the internet once again isn’t loading properly. I feel like I might of stuffed up the wiring because the internet light is off and I think the DSL light should be on. Or maybe I heard something about the internet provider needing to activate the internet.

Someone help. I can’t last any longer.

C694E33E-1CB1-46F4-A758-EEF059A4637F.jpeg

EC78EF78-67D2-4C7B-8B42-8561418FF6F1.jpeg

FF5D043C-FCCF-4D0A-AF5A-D9A59DBDB41E.jpeg

CEAC73FF-6974-4926-934D-55C97A66ABBA.jpeg

try pluggin the yellow cable directly into your laptop/device and see if this work. If so you know the problem is in the white router, if not then the problem is in the black router (and maybe later also the white one ? ).

How are you testing the internet? are you plugged directly to the device? 

what are your computers local network settings? Are they set to DHCP or are you manually assigning network configurations?

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

System: R9-5950x, ASUS X570-Pro, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070s. 32GB DDR4 @ 3200mhz.