O2 amp compatible with Android?

orangecat

If is has a headphone out, it will work. 

i want to get the digital audio to send to a dac not use onboard headphones.

i want to get the digital audio to send to a dac not use onboard headphones.

Then get the two (O2 and ODAC) separate, it will cost the same, and get you what you want. 

I believe you can use any usb class 1 device, like an ODAC with the usb on-the-go "otg" protocol, but you usually have to root your phone to enable it.  I think my galaxy nexus is old enough I can try rooting it now.  I'll give it a whirl this weekend and see what happens.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

I believe you can use any usb class 1 device, like an ODAC with the usb on-the-go "otg" protocol, but you usually have to root your phone to enable it.  I think my galaxy nexus is old enough I can try rooting it now.  I'll give it a whirl this weekend and see what happens.

A gentlemen and a scholar.

Do you hear that everyone?  he's going to root his own phone for the greater good of the forum.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Well, I got it to work without rooting it.  As luck would have it, my stock firmware already supports usb audio, but neither audio player I was using supported usb playback, which is the other missing link besides an OTG cable.  The other major issue is POWER which my phone obviously doesn't have enough.  So you need a powered usb hub as well, which makes using it with my phone infeasible.  Now a Note 3 on the other hand...

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."