1440p monitor and console gaming

Hey guys I'm here from YouTube ( maybe I shouldn't admit to that?) I have a question about a monitor I'm looking to buy. The guy at my local computer shop was absolutely no help.  In order to save space in my bedroom I ditched my TV to make room for the computer I'm building.  which means no TV for my PlayStation.

I settled on this monitor about a week ago and have been waiting for  a paycheck to pick it up.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Keyword=c27hg70&Item=N82E16824022583

A friend of mine however pointed out a possible issue. This monitor is running at 1440p native and might be blurry on Console games. this obviously won't be an issue for my finished PC, but I may have a rough time with my PS4.  I'd hate to admit it, but I'm not really that literate when it comes to this sort of thing. Will it be a blurry mess because of downscaling or some such thing like that? I won't be very far away from it sitting at a desk,  also I play most genres if that's relevant, FPS, RPG's, and a few sports games.

Also a second less relevant question. I could  do the research like a big boy, but I'll ask here instead. (In case someone is willing to answer).  I have a second hand graphic card that I'm going to use for now but I eventually want to upgrade. Any recommendations on a  AMD graphic card for this or a similar monitor?

3 minutes ago, BatouRem said:

Hey guys I'm here from YouTube ( maybe I shouldn't admit to that?) I have a question about a monitor I'm looking to buy. The guy at my local computer shop was absolutely no help.  In order to save space in my bedroom I ditched my TV to make room for the computer I'm building.  which means no TV for my PlayStation.

I settled on this monitor about a week ago and have been waiting for  a paycheck to pick it up.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Keyword=c27hg70&Item=N82E16824022583

A friend of mine however pointed out a possible issue. This monitor is running at 1440p native and might be blurry on Console games. this obviously won't be an issue for my finished PC, but I may have a rough time with my PS4.  I'd hate to admit it, but I'm not really that literate when it comes to this sort of thing. Will it be a blurry mess because of downscaling or some such thing like that? I won't be very far away from it sitting at a desk,  also I play most genres if that's relevant, FPS, RPG's, and a few sports games.

Also a second less relevant question. I could  do the research like a big boy, but I'll ask here instead. (In case someone is willing to answer).  I have a second hand graphic card that I'm going to use for now but I eventually want to upgrade. Any recommendations on a  AMD graphic card for this or a similar monitor?

yes it will be blury and wierd with a PS4...and why AMD for graphics card?

Amd has nice budget mid range cards like the 570 and 580 but those arent quite good enough for 1440p high details...and vega 56 and 64 cost as much as a 1070ti for most people...nvidia now support freesync.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

46 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

yes it will be blury and wierd with a PS4...and why AMD for graphics card?

Amd has nice budget mid range cards like the 570 and 580 but those arent quite good enough for 1440p high details...and vega 56 and 64 cost as much as a 1070ti for most people...nvidia now support freesync.

will the fact that it's a PS4 Pro matter?

And yes Nvidia support freesync for now, but when you're going to make an investment that you might be stuck with for years. it's best not to hedge your bets on new tech.  I just don't have the budget to afford a Nvidia card right now and it's possible I could afford a 1440p   AMD card down the road I know for a fact works with freesync.

8 hours ago, BatouRem said:

will the fact that it's a PS4 Pro matter?

And yes Nvidia support freesync for now, but when you're going to make an investment that you might be stuck with for years. it's best not to hedge your bets on new tech.  I just don't have the budget to afford a Nvidia card right now and it's possible I could afford a 1440p   AMD card down the road I know for a fact works with freesync.

So you’re pushing 4K then? At least depending on settings and upscaling

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD