What CPU goes well with GTX 1060?

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

2600 is pretty good (and basically the same as a 2600x if you OC) but even stuff like an i7 3770 are good as well.

I've been looking to get a new CPU and motherboard for my computer. I mostly play games like SW Battlefront and Anthem when it comes out and sometimes I'll design some models in CAD with a few Adobe Premiere projects occasionally. I was looking at Ryzen 5 2600X. What do you think I should get?

2600 is pretty good (and basically the same as a 2600x if you OC) but even stuff like an i7 3770 are good as well.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

^^ like he said...intel i7-3770 or better

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 or better.

R5 2600 would be ideal.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 hour ago, Versanu said:

I've been looking to get a new CPU and motherboard for my computer. I mostly play games like SW Battlefront and Anthem when it comes out and sometimes I'll design some models in CAD with a few Adobe Premiere projects occasionally. I was looking at Ryzen 5 2600X. What do you think I should get?

you can get r5 2600 or maybe r5 3600 whenever it arrives.

Damn....