I'm torn between 5 phones.

Kunker_

So basically I have had a Note8 for the past year and it's battery has been sh*t. So I'm selling it and getting a new phone.

I have five choices:

iPhone XS or XS Max - I get free airpods if I buy the iPhone, but it's quite expensive..

Note9 - Bad experience with Samsung, battery life is very bad after 6 months, don't wan't to trust them anymore. They have lost me as a customer.

Huawei Mate 20 Pro - It lacks 4K60, I use my phone to film quit a lot and 4K60 would really help me.

Galaxy S10 - Have to wait for it, not really an option since my phone is sold already. + N9 reasons

Seems like youve been hit by the battery bug of Samsung phones. 

Linus has had a similar issue with no real solution in sight. Including a twitter-user by the name of kirinodere, you will be the thirs person ive heard getting the bug. 

If you are getting a new Samsung, ibwould probably not do a full transer in case it transfers the bug, same way Linus Experienced

first you'll have to decide if you want ios or android.

if you want ios, the choice is obvious, but you're currently on android so i dont recommend switching

personally i think samsung isnt really relevant anymore. bloatware, and other general issues.  they are fine, but releasing the same phone every year is boring.

that being said, the note 9 would be a solid choice.

i dont know everything about the mate pro, but if you dont mind the notch, i'd look into the Pixel 3 XL.

if money isnt an issue, im seriously loving the Red Hydrogen(ill write up a review in a few weeks after i've had more time with it)

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 minute ago, Tsuki said:

first you'll have to decide if you want ios or android.

if you want ios, the choice is obvious, but you're currently on android so i dont recommend switching

personally i think samsung is really relevant anymore. bloatware, and other general issues.  they are fine, but releasing the same phone every year is boring.

that being said, the note 9 would be a solid choice.

i dont know everything about the mate pro, but if you dont mind the notch, i'd look into the Pixel 3 XL.

Sadly the Pixel 3 XL isn't available where I live, so that isn't an option :(

Just now, Kunker_ said:

Sadly the Pixel 3 XL isn't available where I live, so that isn't an option :(

ahh thats unfortunate, ive heard great things about the camera on it.

of the ones you listed then, i'd go with the Mate pro

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

A few Cents from me:

- Decide first, if you want iOS or Android. THIS is the absolute biggest, major difference between an iPhone and every other Smartphone.

- You do alot of Videos? iPhone. This is the best Video quality out of every single Smartphone right now.

Huawei is quite bad / below average when it comes to videos. Not just the missing 60 fps when you chose 4k, but the stabilisation seems pretty bad.

- What about other phones? Why are they not in your List? Oneplus 6t for example is great value, Xiaomi Mi 8 (or Mi Mix 3 if you are into slider phones)

I'm a big fan of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and I'd highly recommend it. It checks every box for you, plus you are already familiar with the Samsung experience. This is my first time hearing of any battery issue with the Note 8. Samsung has implemented extreme tests to ensure there's no issue with the phone, especially on the battery front. Check for any reviewers on the internet and you are sure to get positive answers.

All in all:

- Solid build

- Best display

- Great camera for both photo and video

- Excellent camera

8 hours ago, Darkseth said:

- What about other phones? Why are they not in your List? Oneplus 6t for example is great value, Xiaomi Mi 8 (or Mi Mix 3 if you are into slider phones)

Not available where I live. Thanks for your input!