The devil's canyon is cucking me hard lads

My long story that probably has a simple solution, I've been doing upgrades to my PC going one of them is going from a 4670k to a 4790k (using a Asus maximus vi formula) simple enough just make sure my bios is up to date correct?.. No so easy, with the 4790k I get a 00 post code along with the cpu led being lit making me think the cpu is dead. But I tested it in another mother board a msi h97m-g43 & what do you know it runs with zero issues. I did some looking around on line & no one has really had this issue. Hoping that some one can help a guy out seeming I'm absolutely stumped. 

Is your current board h87/z87? Then you need to update the bios first. 4670k is a half Gen before 4790k

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

21 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Have you tried taking the ram out and putting only one in and try each slot? Are you 100% sure the motherboard has no bent pins or anything that isnt properly plugged in?

I inspected the pins & the ram was reading perfectly fine while running the 4670k I've swapped the 4670k back in & it functions 100% fine

30 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

Is your current board h87/z87? Then you need to update the bios first. 4670k is a half Gen before 4790k

I had updated my bios to version 1603 before doing the original install of the cpu, then flashed it to version 1505 (the original update that made devil's canyon CPUs work with z78 mother boards) still nothing

1 hour ago, R-Leslie said:

I tested it in another mother board a msi h97m-g43 & what do you know it runs

Was this without a graphics card? Try the same in your maximus board.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

11 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Was this without a graphics card? Try the same in your maximus board.

I removed the 2 cards & attempted the boot but still the same post error.

18 minutes ago, R-Leslie said:

I removed the 2 cards & attempted the boot but still the same post error.

Just a thought as I did the bios update on my gigabyte z87 to use the haswell refresh CPU. I had to do a simple cmos reset then mine booted. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

31 minutes ago, Zusafek said:

Just a thought as I did the bios update on my gigabyte z87 to use the haswell refresh CPU. I had to do a simple cmos reset then mine booted. 

I cleared the CMOS & did a fresh install of the bios & its still give me the issue, I'll try the newest bios again after I clear the CMOS again. I'll let you know if that does the trick

44 minutes ago, Zusafek said:

I tried again with no success