CASE! Where is my BRIEFcase suggestion?!

dm.L!ghtCh!ld
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

NH D15 is the best and about equivalent to a 240/280mm rad performance.

You can replace the stock fans with some high rpm iPPC or delta fans and probably get 360mm+ performance out of it, at the expense of a lot of noise.

Okay, so... as I am building a new PC I am often coming back here for suggestions.

This time I would like to ask about something I am unsure... 

First, is there an air cooler that is equivalent to a 360MM water cooler potency? And by potency I mean, the potential to cool a CPU as a water cooler would do. (Specifically the Core I9 9900K with OC) 

If there is not, a PC Case with support for 360MM Water cooler would be necessary... so.. do you have BRIEF suggestion for a CASE?

As for a budget, no budget limitation for the cooler, as for the PC Case, please, limit a suggestion of a Case that is below or at 150 - 250$ ( I know it might be a low price but, as I am from another country with a miserable economy I need to keep things at a reasonable dollar price, and the conversion from dollar to my currency - BRL really causes the price to be high based upon the amount of money of a monthly payment, as dollar is worth a lot more I need to pay much more to get the products that there might be considered cheap, for me here it is not... : /

For air cooling look at the Noctua NH-D15 it is however quite LARGE...

As for a case - Fractal Design has a few (like the Define S for example as a budget solution) or NZXT H700 (higher end) that support 360mm rads as do many others really - its not THAT rare :D

24 minutes ago, dm.L!ghtCh!ld said:

-snip-

PC O11 DW

A00V_1316868107147714239f2Q7Ix4aY.jpg

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

You can replace the stock fans with some high rpm iPPC or delta fans and probably get 360mm+ performance out of it, at the expense of a lot of noise.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Is there a better cooler than the NH D15, like... a superior product from the same manufacturer? 

Just now, dm.L!ghtCh!ld said:

Is there a better cooler than the NH D15, like... a superior product from the same manufacturer? 

Nop.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

On 1/30/2019 at 9:37 AM, Enderman said:

The downside of NH-D15 with fans other than the NF-A15 like NF-A14 or even 120mm fans is the lower anti-vibration rubber pads doesn't make any contact with the heatsink, only the upper rubber pads which properly contacted with heatsink, while lower part there will be fan frame vs heatsink contact. The lower rubber pads will hanging, so it won't be optimal for the noise

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

On 1/30/2019 at 9:42 AM, dm.L!ghtCh!ld said:

There will be the next gen of NH-U12, NH-14S, and NH-D15 with each model will feature 7 heatpipes. The demo in last CES event showed us the next gen NH-U12 vs the current NH-D15 running side by side on same TDP, where the NH-U12 only 1C higher than the NH-D15, based on this demo you can imagine how good will the next gen NH-U14S and the NH-D15 be..

They will be released around this year but there's no official info of the exact/fix release date.

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs: