3770k vs 4770k?

Which one is better for overclocking and might be more better for future?

Well I would say the 4770k is better but it depends on the price and what you will be useing the computer for!

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

The 3770k hits higher clocks and oc's more easily. The 4770k performs better.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4770K. As it consumes less power. If the pricing is right get the cheaper one out of the two.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

3770K has better overclocking potential. But 4770K has better performance.

Get whichever is cheaper (also factor in the mobo price!)

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Cheaper one. But at STOCK 4770k is faster.

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

im pretty sure at stock the 4770k is around 10% faster but the 3770k could overclock higher if both were good chips. I'd choose the 4770k for both the performance and the features of z87 motherboards

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

3770K overclocks a bit higher than 4770k

However, understand this. If you have 2 CPU clocked at the same speed, that doesn't mean they perform exactly the same. So a 4770K clocked at 4.3GHz does not necessarily mean it gives the same performance output as a 3770K clocked at 4.3GHz. No, the 4770K is a bit more performing than the 3770K and consumes less power; consuming less power means it lives longer. So go with the 4770K. 

3770K has better overclocking potential. But 4770K has better performance.

Get whichever is cheaper (also factor in the mobo price!)

You liar. chrome.exe isn't located in C:\Program Files (x86) or it's subfolder. It's located under appdata. The only way to take it to Program Files is to create a junction. Don't lie next time, otherwise I will tell your mom.

Neither, 4 core cpu's aren't the future. And those are about to become obsolete, last gen. 

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

You liar. chrome.exe isn't located in C:\Program Files (x86) or it's subfolder. It's located under appdata. The only way to take it to Program Files is to create a junction. Don't lie next time, otherwise I will tell your mom.

What is a junction? It's downloaded right here:

MvwrcnI.png

The only thing that's in the Google folder is Sketchup for me.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

At stock clock the 4770k is easily better. Better performance, less power consumption and better Z87 features. As for over-clocking well that depends on the luck of the bin/silicon lottery. 

I managed to get my 4770K at a stable 4.6 GHz. I think I can get a 100 MHz more out of it, but that would consume too much power and it would not be worth it.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

What is a junction? It's downloaded right here:

MvwrcnI.png

The only thing that's in the Google folder is Sketchup for me.

Interesting, do you have anything in C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application ?

Interesting, do you have anything in C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application ?

Nope. there isn't a Application folder

5Cs237W.png

Nope. there isn't a Application folder

5Cs237W.png

Ahhh now I understand; so you got it half and half.

You got the User Data folder here and the application somewhere else. Google usually puts them together in AppData, but I guess you chose to move. However, the User Data folder is specifically the one that gotta stay in App Data. In contains all of your personal settings and data (history, bookmarks, extensions...) So really if you reinstall chrome or install it on a new PC, you can just copy this folder from the old PC to the new PC and put it in the same location.

As to what junctions are, they are basically shortcuts, but more for Windows than for you. It makes Windows and/or other programs think that a folder is in one location, but in fact you have placed it in another.

Ahhh now I understand; so you got it half and half.

You got the User Data folder here and the application somewhere else. Google usually puts them together in AppData, but I guess you chose to move. However, the User Data folder is specifically the one that gotta stay in App Data. In contains all of your personal settings and data (history, bookmarks, extensions...) So really if you reinstall chrome or install it on a new PC, you can just copy this folder from the old PC to the new PC and put it in the same location.

As to what junctions are, they are basically shortcuts, but more for Windows than for you. It makes Windows and/or other programs think that a folder is in one location, but in fact you have placed it in another.

So... I'm a 1337 H4X0R?

All of you are comparing IB with HW wrong. Compare the performance per clock instead where as the 4770K is amazing. 

Average OC results for SB: 4.8GHz - IB: 4.5GHz - HW: 4.2GHz. Performance SB@4.8GHz = IB @ 4.5GHz = HW @ 4.2GHz. So you're joining a silicon lottery with HW same goes with IB so you rather gamble on Haswell.

Neither, 4 core cpu's aren't the future. And those are about to become obsolete, last gen. 

Yeah the future is 4 cores, named 8 integer cores, with half the FPU as the 4 core you think is obsolete. 

8350 = I5 in 8 thread games (and the I5 starts at 600mhz lower), and it gets beat at 5ghz by a stock I5.  FUTURE written all over it...

8 integer "cores" are the future if you think that unzipping files is going to be the next e-sport. As far as computer games? No.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.