All at once, or piece by piece?

Tsmith4

So I’m going to be building two computers soon (for my spouse and I), and we’re pretty much just waiting on the check in order to get help with the builds here on the forum and then start purchasing the parts. Should I wait until I have all the money and can just buy everything all at once, or should I start getting the pieces that I know will work no matter the build I go with (i.e. SSD, peripherals) as they go on sale? This is my first time building my own computers.

Getting it piecemeal is only advised if you're gonna make a parts list and hunt for deals, otherwise it's usually more convenient to do one and done.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

My first PC was a prebuilt that I then upgraded bit by bit.  Since then I have build a few systems from scratch, but it is easier to get going and learn things with a working system.

I'd wait and buy/build all at once.

If it’s peripherals and hard drives I see no harm in buying when you see good deals, most other parts I’d buy all at once

There’s is no harm in getting a few parts early if they go on a good sale. That’s what I have done in the past, and then I watch to see if the price drops to return/rebuy.  I would only grab the case, power supply, monitor, and mouse and keyboard though.