Need fan recommendations

Ravendarat

What I’m looking for are rgb fans that can be controlled via software on the pc. I need 6 x 120mm for rads and then 1 more that’s preferably 140mm for rear fan but if I have to do another 120 it would likely be fine as the cpu and GPU will both be water cooled. I have a gigabyte auros gaming 7 WiFi board if that matters. I’m still new to this whole scene so bare with the stupid questions I might have lol

Best value right now would be Lian Li Bora-Lite RGB fans in a 3 pack at $39. Available in stainless or black. Good luck!

Sys.BI In progress

Phantek EvolvX, HX1200i,EKWB Loop,DDR4.3600... Waiting on Ryzen Gen III to complete

Sys.A:(NAS)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @4,??? MHz

Paste: Kryonaut

Cooling: EVGA CLC-240 

Mainboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 

Memory: G.Skill DDR4 3200

GPU: MSI GeForce RTX-2060 Ventus 

Storage: Toshiba Enterprise MC/MG Physicals + WD M.2 

Power: Thermaltake Tough-Power Grand RGB 850 (80+Gold) Chassis: Fractal Design Node 804 

Fans: BioniX P-120s

Controllers: Deep Cool FH-10, Sata-Six Raid Card

I/0: Microsoft & AmboLove WR | AmboLove Track

Sound: ABox 

Salsa Preference: Spicy

NB:

Hewlett Packard EliteBook Folio 9470M (Intel i7)

Other Things:

Amazon Fire Tablet 8 v7

Looking for recommendations too :)

Intake fans for air cooled machine + replacement for CPU fan (not the whole cooler, just the fan)

Need:

- Silent (!)

- 120 mm

- PWM would be nice to have

- RGB or White light

- Available on German Amazon (unlike the aforementioned LianLi Bora)

Do not need:

- Adressable RGB (single colour is just fine).

Also, one more thing:

The RGB/white light is a nice to have not a super-necessity. I'm building a case from scratch with a see-through side panel and just thought that it might be a good idea to hop on the illuminated fan bandwagon.

I've been a fan of Acrtic Cooling fans due to their price/performance ratio. Never had a single issue with them (not counting the wear of bearing after 5 years of 24/7 work. But their may be feasible alternative. I'm leaning towards beQuiet Pure Wings but I was wondering whether there's feasible alternative in similar budget.

My Recommendation is the Corsair ML120 Pros, they are extremely nice to look at(Kinda the point for RGB) and they are very quiet. I have 4 x the 120's and 2 x 140's in mine and the noise is extremely reasonable and i have no noise isolation and have modified my case for more air flow, this has made my case slightly noisier but its still extremely reasonable. They are pricey but man i regret nothing as i know they will last and i have full control over then via BIOS for speed control and RGB from software. See link below.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/FJx2FT/corsair-ml120-pro-rgb-473-cfm-120mm-fan-co-9050075-ww

My Current Build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/36jXwh

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO XT | Motherboard: Asus - STRIX X370-F GAMING | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb DDR4 @3000MHz | GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card | Storage: Samsung - 860 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 - Sandisk SSD 240GB - Sandisk SSD 1TB - WD Blue 4TB| PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair - Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case | System Fans: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm x 4 & Corsair - ML140 PRO RGB 55.4 CFM 140mm x 2 | Display: Samsung KS9000 |Keyboard: Logitech - G613 | Mouse: Logitech - G703 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

if you want just a single color at a time then for rads I can recommend both corsair sp120rgb as they are fairly inexpensive and work well in most situations while being very quiet. If you want a fan that you can control using the pins on your motherboard then cooler masters 120mm air pressure fans in rgb look good and are very very quiet. The ML120 pros are ungodly expensive and are very loud near their full speeds but are otherwise an excellent choice if budget allows. Now if you want multiple colors at the same time then I believe the ml pros do that as well but they are really expensive, corsairs hd120/hd140 are excellent "budget" options. The cooler master fans also come in addressable rgb form and are the quietest at the cost of performance. Enermax makes some more subtle looking ring style rgb fans in both regular and addressable.

If you want all the rgb then your only real option is the Corsair LL120/LL140 as they have all the rgb.

On 1/29/2019 at 12:33 AM, Shch00r said:

Also, one more thing:

The RGB/white light is a nice to have not a super-necessity. I'm building a case from scratch with a see-through side panel and just thought that it might be a good idea to hop on the illuminated fan bandwagon.

I've been a fan of Acrtic Cooling fans due to their price/performance ratio. Never had a single issue with them (not counting the wear of bearing after 5 years of 24/7 work. But their may be feasible alternative. I'm leaning towards beQuiet Pure Wings but I was wondering whether there's feasible alternative in similar budget.

Have you considered getting something like noctuas redux p12 or phanteks mp12? Both are fairly inexpensive at less than $15 a fan but the real consideration that I would have you look into is phanteks halos frames. They go on top of the frame of whatever fan you already have and illuminate the fan blades. They come in plastic and aluminum versions and I believe they also have an addressable version if you feel like splurging. That way you can use whatever fans you want and have rgb on them.

Yup, Noctuas are on my non-illuminated fans shortlist :)

Just checked the prices of the frames on Amazon.de - aw hell no. 15€ for just the 120 mm frame. I'll stick to illuminated fans I think :)

Thanks for the suggestions though!

3 hours ago, Shch00r said:

Just checked the prices of the frames on Amazon.de - aw hell no. 15€ for just the 120 mm frame. I'll stick to illuminated fans I think :)

In that case you will sacrifice performance and potentially quietness for looks only and still pay 15-20 bucks each if you want anything decent.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

Well, I see Corsair ML120 for 17€ (white) or 22,50€ (RGB) on Amazon. Also a 3-pack of Thermaltake Riings 12 for less than 60€. Would you consider them decent? I know it's not Noctua (different league) but still...