ok so time to retire my old setup

xreaperx22

the idea is to build a new end all beat all system,well something like that anyways,so the parts will include uh lets see,

msi godlike z390 mobo

msi sea hawk 2080ti already has the waterblock on it cuz im lazy and its really a better price considering a block alone is like 160.00

32gb 3600mhz ram prolly gskill or maybe corsair dominator the new ones coming with rgb

2 1tb 970 pro nvme in raid...tho i never tried raiding nvme so not sure how thats gonna turn out

another 4tb 9something evo or pro ssd for storage not nvme

evga 1200p2 psu just because i know overkill

custom hardline water loop,im already a pro at bending my own tubes after many many failures,but im confident enough to do it again now without as many problems

only thing i have no idea about is the case itself....i need room for a custom loop but i also dont want it as big as my current behemoth case which is a thermaltake core x9 that is just too big!

Just now, Abyssal Radon said:

Just curious, what are you coming from? The parts your looking at would make for a really awesome gaming setup that would last for many years to come.

currently im on a 6700k oc to 4.7 stable,gtx 980ti,asus maximux VIII formula with the waterblock on the vrm's,32gb g,skill 2666mhz barely oced to 2700 lol and a samsung 512gb 960pro nvme m.2 drive and a 2tb firecuda hybrid drive,all on a custom loop,oh and a seasonic prime platinum 850w psu,my avatar is that system,that pic doesnt do that case justice its freaking behemoth of a case! lol

I'd wait until summer or fall to upgrade that system.

Its not that bad, there is no immediate preassure to replace it.

And in the next ~6months 7nm Graphics cards and CPUS are coming. 

So wait for that and not get something right now with a crowbar. And pay more than you need.

SO why get a 500€ CPU with only 8 Cores when you can have the same performance for half or even get 16 cores for the same price?

Why get a 700€ Card now when you can have it for like 350€ in a couple of months.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

9 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

currently im on a 6700k oc to 4.7 stable,gtx 980ti,asus maximux VIII formula with the waterblock on the vrm's,32gb g,skill 2666mhz barely oced to 2700 lol and a samsung 512gb 960pro nvme m.2 drive and a 2tb firecuda hybrid drive,all on a custom loop,oh and a seasonic prime platinum 850w psu,my avatar is that system,that pic doesnt do that case justice its freaking behemoth of a case! lol

IMO no, it probably can last longer depending on your use case. It really up to you, you could sell your setup for more but I usually retire my current setup for server duties lmao or if it lower spec system clean system out and sell/give to family members and put in new ssd.

Magical Pineapples

Just now, Stefan Payne said:

And in the next ~6months 7nm Graphics cards are coming. 

So wait for that and not get something right now with a crowbar. And pay more than you need.

true and im ver interested in the benches coming for the new radeon 7,that could be interesting for sure,tho i have never been an amd or radeon user of anything,but who knows something could supprise me in summer,but im not a very patient person at all lol! and i think my monitor will be dying soon,and if it does it will drive me to replace everything,ocd and all i guess idk

1 minute ago, xreaperx22 said:

true and im ver interested in the benches coming for the new radeon 7,that could be interesting for sure,tho i have never been an amd or radeon user of anything,but

...its an asspull from them, not the thing I was talking about.

Because the thing I'm talking about is coming later this year and had to be "retaped" -> NAVI aka Radeon 3000 series.

The Radeon 7 is somewhere around 20% or so faster than VEGA, maybe a bit more here and there. But nothing to really look forward to.

That's coming in June or July or something liket hat...

1 minute ago, xreaperx22 said:

and i think my monitor will be dying soon,and if it does it will drive me to replace everything,ocd and all i guess idk

Then get a new Monitor and replace that without the rest.

With what we know right now, the Ryzen2 AMD presented on the CES might even be clocked a bit lower than the Intel and it was about the same performance with rather low memory clocks (for AMD)...

And your system is pretty nice right now, the Intel Prices very high...

Its just a pretty bad time right now. And replacing the rest, just because your screen might (or might not) die??

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

...its an asspull from them, not the thing I was talking about.

Because the thing I'm talking about is coming later this year and had to be "retaped" -> NAVI aka Radeon 3000 series.

The Radeon 7 is somewhere around 20% or so faster than VEGA, maybe a bit more here and there. But nothing to really look forward to.

That's coming in June or July or something liket hat...

Then get a new Monitor and replace that without the rest.

With what we know right now, the Ryzen2 AMD presented on the CES might even be clocked a bit lower than the Intel and it was about the same performance with rather low memory clocks (for AMD)...

And your system is pretty nice right now, the Intel Prices very high...

Its just a pretty bad time right now. And replacing the rest, just because your screen might (or might not) die??

yeah i know it isnt exactly the best time,but i have been planning a new build since x299 came out lol i waited then z390 came out,but im glad i did wait so maybe a bit more waiting could be had,i do plan to sell the rig however to recover some of the cost but not much i wont be selling it for some outlandish price thats for sure,but the cost of the build isnt really what my concern is,the performance,like super true performance every bit counts,i mean if i can buy a new radeon 3000 for like 700 but lose maybe 5 fps thats not for me i want those 5 fps lol! mainly because im in competition with my brother which right now has an 8700k 1080ti and other good stuff and basically shredded all my bench scores so revenge is due!!

31 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

...the heck...that's still an awesome system.  I wouldn't bother...just upgrade the video card.

Just now, PineyCreek said:

...the heck...that's still an awesome system.  I wouldn't bother...just upgrade the video card.

yeah true but as i was telling Stefan Payne,im in a competition thing with my older brother and adding just a gpu i may kill his benches on that end but he would still have the upper hand everywhere else, i cant have that now can i?

thing is: You can either have a better system right now or an awesome system later.

with a perfectly fine System right now, that shouldn't be an issue.

AND you'd show balls if you don't care, save money for later and get that system then, as soon as that stuff is widely available and tested to be fine...

Especially when talking about a switch in manufacturing of the CPUs, the steps are pretty large.

2 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

yeah true but as i was telling Stefan Payne,im in a competition thing with my older brother and adding just a gpu i may kill his benches on that end but he would still have the upper hand everywhere else, i cant have that now can i?

Well, if you've got money to burn, sure I guess.  I've heard salespeople (from a certain major computer OEM) whine when they can't get a new BMW every year.  Different strokes for different folks.

Just now, Stefan Payne said:

thing is: You can either have a better system right now or an awesome system later.

with a perfectly fine System right now, that shouldn't be an issue.

AND you'd show balls if you don't care, save money for later and get that system then, as soon as that stuff is widely available and tested to be fine...

Especially when talking about a switch in manufacturing of the CPUs, the steps are pretty large.

so are there new cpus coming in summer? i usually am on top of things like that but must have missed something,all i know about are the gpu's coming,anyways i still need to find a decent case to use and im pretty picky could take awhile ;)

3 hours ago, xreaperx22 said:

so are there new cpus coming in summer?

Yes, somewhere in the middle of 2019

3 hours ago, xreaperx22 said:

i usually am on top of things like that but must have missed something,all i know about are the gpu's coming,anyways i still need to find a decent case to use and im pretty picky could take awhile ;)

Yeah, the next GPU is seventh of February, a couple of months later the next 7nm Generation might come. Though it could be a bit under the Radeon 7.

12 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Yes, somewhere in the middle of 2019

Yeah, the next GPU is seventh of February, a couple of months later the next 7nm Generation might come. Though it could be a bit under the Radeon 7.

cool thanks,well then ill wait as long as i can i guess,will be interesting to see whats coming,may just build one now then another later lol

19 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

And in the next ~6months 7nm Graphics cards and CPUS are coming. 

SO why get a 500€ CPU with only 8 Cores when you can have the same performance for half or even get 16 cores for the same price?

Why get a 700€ Card now when you can have it for like 350€ in a couple of months.

That is if they are real which it is almost defintly positivly they are but we dont know. Not 100% more like 99.99%