Build a Hackintosh from an iMac

So, long story short, I have a 21" iMac from mid-2011. The only reason I have that over a Windows machine is because of Logic Pro. The original specs had a 1 TB HDD and 4 GB of RAM, but I've since upgraded to an SSD and added 16 GB of RAM, because I could. My issue is, the CPU is serviceable, but with the newest version of Logic Pro, even my fairly small projects use enough of the CPU that anything bigger I try to expand to in the future will probably be too much.

What I'd like to know is this: would it be possible to take my SSD (and the RAM) and build an upgraded/upgradeable "Mac"? I'm not concerned about form-factor right now, I just would like to know if building a Mac from the components I already have and upgrading from them might be worth it? I figure I might even be able to get a couple bucks from the iMac case and other components I'm leaving behind, but that's for the future.

In order to give as much info as possible, here are some other details asked for in the pinned thread:

1. Budget & Location

So my budget is not so much a number, but can I build something with more cost efficiency compared to upgrading to a whole new Mac. I'm in South Florida, though I'm not sure if any more specificity is needed here.

2. Aim

I think the above covers this part. I'm not looking for a monster of an upgrade though, just better than it currently is.

3. Monitors

I only plan on the one monitor, since I'll obviously have to buy one, but I'm mostly fine with a 1080p, unless a compatible 4k monitor is at the right price.

4. Peripherals

I have peripherals other than a monitor, so this should be fine. And since I plan on using my SSD, the OS will already be there.

5. Why are you upgrading?

So, again, this was mostly in my above statements, but I'm beginning research into the best way to not only upgrade my current Mac, but keep being able to upgrade down the road as well, not necessarily all at once.

Also, I'm "tech aware", but have never built my own computer before. I figure this is good to know so you're aware that I'm somewhat knowledgeable, but not very experienced. Don't worry, I learn quickly. Thanks!

I'm not sure what form factor that SSD is in, but the iMac takes DDR3 in SO-DIMMs aka laptop RAM. 

Yes, it is possible to build a Hackintosh that gives you better bang for your buck. But you cannot "upgrade" what you have to be better in any significant way or in any cost effective manner. 

This is where you want to go to figure out what parts to buy and how to get everything "working" 

https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/building-a-customac-hackintosh-the-ultimate-buyers-guide/#CustoMac_mATX

Oh, definitely don't buy an Nvidia graphics card if you need a GPU. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

I basically knew that those components can be used, it was more of a question of would I be able to start from scratch with the rest since I'm using those components. And yes, I had assistance, mostly to use Carbon Copy to make sure the software side of things was handled properly, not the hardware installation side of things. So, I would still consider myself tech aware, just not seasoned or well-versed, but thanks for your concern.

But thank you DrMacintosh, that's a little more helpful to what I'm trying to do at least. I'll continue to keep an eye out, I just would like to see what potential options are, including creative ideas. I'm obviously trying to learn a little more about this and dig a little deeper so that I don't have to run the cycle of purchasing a whole new mac at some point. Plus, I think I'd enjoy putting something together myself at some point.

If anybody else is able to be a little more helpful, like Drmacintosh, I'd really appreciate it. I started here because I've heard good things about this forum, so thanks.