Help with ethernet

Gabryel

hi I've recently tried to use Ethernet connection but it doesn't seem to work,instead of changing to Ethernet symbol it stays at wi-fi,also doesn't Ethernet properly

Do i need to update a driver? or something? i have checked to see if the cable actually works which it does plz help.

It is connected to the motherboard via the only Ethernet slot symbol  looks like three monitors,no seeing any light,the connection on the laptop has a symbol that looks like an extended Bluetooth symbol.

13 minutes ago, Gabryel said:

It is connected to the motherboard via the only Ethernet slot symbol  looks like three monitors,no seeing any light,the connection on the laptop has a symbol that looks like an extended Bluetooth symbol.

What is the make and model of your motherboard? You might need to install drivers if Windows didn't already pick them up during an update. If you know you have drivers already, a good way to test a wired port is to swap the cable out for a known good working cable, preferably one that was plugged into something else that was already working over wired connection.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Does it show a connection above wifi when ethernet is plugged in? It should show if you go into settings, network, and ethernet. Sometimes windows is dumb and doesn't switch to the ethernet and you have to turn off wifi. Or it could be a driver not installed but windows will usually install one. If you have a laptop or pre built go onto the support page for it and download the drivers for networking and ethernet, if you built the computer go to the support page for the motherboard and get drivers there.

Discord: Skyline#0820

Literally an idiot, don't listen to me.

Main computer: i5-4690k 4.3GHz, Noctua NH-D15, Nitro+ RX 580 SE, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 840 series 128GB Crucial MX500 2TB, WD Purple 3TB, EVGA 600w, Dell s2240m 1080p 60hz, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue, Logitech G502 Hero.

Asus GU501gm