My computer specs and why can i not run games at 60 fps at 1080p

Xuku
Go to solution Solved by DaMainMan,
14 hours ago, Xuku said:

The cooler that came with my CPU could not afford a radiator. 

I think we have found the problem. Clean it and see what happens -> and as mentioned above, invest a couple bucks in a decent air cooler.

What frames are you actually getting?  If it's a night and day difference in fps do you mistakenly have your monitor connected to your onboard video?

1 hour ago, Dekenizer said:

V-Sync will lock to 60 FPS

Thank all of you for helping but if this last idea does not work I just have till my town has jobs to offer to buy a new computer.

1 hour ago, Majinhoju said:

What frames are you actually getting?  If it's a night and day difference in fps do you mistakenly have your monitor connected to your onboard video?

No its connected to my GPU

17 hours ago, Taja said:

Remember: ultra settings are stupid. If you are not getting high fps, just turn down settings and BANG, problem solved.

One of the benefits of having old eyeballs is I don't notice the diff between high and medium settings unless I put my reader glasses on. Besides, I'm too busy not dying in a game instead of going oooh and ahh at leaves on a stupid tree.

Got a computer problem? Update the BIOS! ?

30 minutes ago, UncleJarvis said:

One of the benefits of having old eyeballs is I don't notice the diff between high and medium settings unless I put my reader glasses on. Besides, I'm too busy not dying in a game instead of going oooh and ahh at leaves on a stupid tree.

At 1080p there is usually no difference anyway, and when there is one neither is objectively better. Some stuff looks worse IMO. I always turn shadows to medium or low on newer games because they look unrealistically sharp at High or above.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

11 hours ago, Xuku said:

my GPU is fine and my CPU might be running a little bit high(88 degrees) Maybe i need to reapply some thermal paste?

Although not unheard of, that is quite high. Do a detailed analysis of your temps & usage during gaming and maybe you can identifiy the issue. What kind of cooler are you running?

10 hours ago, DaMainMan said:

Although not unheard of, that is quite high. Do a detailed analysis of your temps & usage during gaming and maybe you can identifiy the issue. What kind of cooler are you running?

6 hours ago, Xuku said:

Cooler master and be quiet both make $25ish cpu coolers that would enable you to get a mild overclock on your cpu with good temps. My cooler in my signature is quiet and my temps never break 62C in any game ever

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x cooled by Pure Rock Slim // RAM: Gskill Flare X 3200mhz CL14 2x16 32GB// GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 6650 XT 8GB// Motherboard: ASRock B450m Pro 4 // PSU: Seasonic G550 Gold 80+ // Storage: 4TB pcie nvme game drive, 512 GB m.2 sata3 OS Drive, 4 TB WD Red HDD // Monitor: Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1080p 60Hz, MSI 27" 1080p 144hz Freesync 1ms display // Peripherals:  Logitech fancy shmancy keyboard and moise with rgb and gaminess stuff, very fancy | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core headset 

14 hours ago, Xuku said:

I think we have found the problem. Clean it and see what happens -> and as mentioned above, invest a couple bucks in a decent air cooler.