Where's the bottleneck?

So I recently was given an old pc that actually runs decently. But in my opinion the 10 or so frames per second are not working for me. I recently swiched its old graphics card out with a 4gb rtx 550. The specs for the pc are as follows:

CPU 2.66GHz Intel Core i7 920  
Motherboard chipset Intel X58  
Memory 6GB 1,066MHz DDR3 SDRAM  
Graphics AMD Radeon RX 550 4GB GDDR5-128-bit  
Hard drive 1T 7,200rpm  
Optical drive Blu-ray drive  
Networking Gigibit Ethernet  
Operating system Windows 10 Home (64-bit)  

If you can find the bottleneck in the system that would be amazing. (The reason the parts are so bad is because they were given to me from my neighbors.)

um, there's no simple answer here.

what are you trying to do? all those parts are old. that means they're all "bottlenecks" by todays standards

but if you'e just looking for the simplest, "replace this item first for hte maximum gain", than that's different. and it again, also depends on what you're trying to do.

"bottleneck" isn't some magical buzzword that can jsut be slapped on anything.  A bottlneck is specific description that describes when a specific part in the system is the cause of significant slowdown in performance leading to other parts not operating at full performance.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

System: R9-5950x, ASUS X570-Pro, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070s. 32GB DDR4 @ 3200mhz.

23 hours ago, jojonohomo said:

So I recently was given an old pc that actually runs decently. But in my opinion the 10 or so frames per second are not working for me. I recently swiched its old graphics card out with a 4gb rtx 550. The specs for the pc are as follows:

CPU 2.66GHz Intel Core i7 920  
Motherboard chipset Intel X58  
Memory 6GB 1,066MHz DDR3 SDRAM  
Graphics AMD Radeon RX 550 4GB GDDR5-128-bit  
Hard drive 1T 7,200rpm  
Optical drive Blu-ray drive  
Networking Gigibit Ethernet  
Operating system Windows 10 Home (64-bit)  

If you can find the bottleneck in the system that would be amazing. (The reason the parts are so bad is because they were given to me from my neighbors.)

Graphics card is extremely weak and this is your bottleneck

Get an RX 570 or similar they are cheap everywhere right now...and overclock your processor, buy CPU cooling if you need to, don't overspend.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-550-vs-AMD-RX-570/3925vs3924

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR