USB 3.0 speed card readers

UrbanFreestyle
Go to solution Solved by Kalamity.S,
7 minutes ago, UrbanFreestyle said:

Thanks, Just checked it out and can see a review stating:

"The card reader in the Akasa is USB 2 only, while the USB 3 connection only feeds the 2x USB 3 ports at the front. This is not clearly indicated on the product description, which is a major omission. My Lexar USB 3 card reader reads a Lexar 1000x CF card at 120 MB/s, while the same card in the Akasa reader tops at 31 MB/s... "

oh,by the way,i just find another one.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?scm=1007.10009.70205.100200300000001&id=523965407016&pvid=3b5d31d6-e382-469e-a6b8-2210f62dc0e1

this is sure is usb3.0‘s card reader,

but this guy is a 3.5'inch floopy drive place,u need an adapter lol

Hi All, not really sure where to post this. 

I am looking to move my build into a new case. I have chosen the Corsair Carbide 88R as the case and wanted to add a card reader for Compact Flash and SD cards as i use the machine for photo editing.

I have been trying to find a card reader that can fit in the empty top 5.25 inch bay that will provide USB3 speeds. All the ones i seem to find are USB 3.0 ports and USB 2.0 for the card reader.

Do these exist?

5 minutes ago, Kalamity.S said:

u need china‘s taobao。

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=18800919127&ns=1&abbucket=1#detail

AK-HC-05U3BK,about 30-40$ without shipping,

this is the only one i can find with 5.25 inch and usb3.0's card reader.

"The card reader in the Akasa is USB 2 only, while the USB 3 connection only feeds the 2x USB 3 ports at the front. This is not clearly indicated on the product description, which is a major omission. My Lexar USB 3 card reader reads a Lexar 1000x CF card at 120 MB/s, while the same card in the Akasa reader tops at 31 MB/s... "

4 minutes ago, UrbanFreestyle said:

sorry,i did't buy this stuff,

but i see it said clearly:

"There is TWO KINDS OF Product,Which was called AK-HC-05BKV2 and AK-HC-05U3BK.Both can read 4 card,but AK-HC-05BKV2 is usb2.0's Card reader,not usb3.0.U3BK is an update version,which was usb3.0's card reader."

i'll ask it later

ps AK-HC-05BKV2 is about 165 Yuan RMB(25$),U3BK is 195 Yuan RMB(28$).

7 minutes ago, UrbanFreestyle said:

oh,by the way,i just find another one.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?scm=1007.10009.70205.100200300000001&id=523965407016&pvid=3b5d31d6-e382-469e-a6b8-2210f62dc0e1

this is sure is usb3.0‘s card reader,

but this guy is a 3.5'inch floopy drive place,u need an adapter lol

Thanks for that! i wil lsee if i can find a source in the UK for this. Looking forward to getting my media transfering quickly.

32 minutes ago, UrbanFreestyle said:

Thanks for that! i wil lsee if i can find a source in the UK for this. Looking forward to getting my media transfering quickly.

u re welcome,

if u need help to buy in Taobao,plz post me