Wild Alibaba monitor? Can this be real?

CallMePickle

Obviously there is no need to point out that Alibaba isn't the most trustworthy of sites, especially given the most recent Aliexpress video, but this specific monitor caught my eye and I couldn't believe the specs. Has anyone seen something like this? I would be dying to know just how good/bad this monitor actually is, and at the very least, share this with others.

4K, 144hz, 49 inch, ultrawide, QLED, curved monitor

From what I am aware of, the only 49'' 144hz ultrawide in the world was Samsung's QLED, but it isn't 4K, only 1080p.

I'm curious as to what people's thoughts are on this. The only thing I was able to notice is that in the video, they seem to plug three cables in, rather than just two. Could this be two monitors mashed together or something?

-The Pickle

EDIT: I have realized now that if you scroll down, although they state 4K in the title of the product, it appears that they then admit to it being only 1080p down in the pictures...? Hmmm. Guess this is just another case of Ali-marketing.

10 minutes ago, CallMePickle said:

Obviously there is no need to point out that Alibaba isn't the most trustworthy of sites, especially given the most recent Aliexpress video, but this specific monitor caught my eye and I couldn't believe the specs. Has anyone seen something like this? I would be dying to know just how good/bad this monitor actually is, and at the very least, share this with others.

4K, 144hz, 49 inch, ultrawide, QLED, curved monitor

From what I am aware of, the only 49'' 144hz ultrawide in the world was Samsung's QLED, but it isn't 4K, only 1080p.

I'm curious as to what people's thoughts are on this. The only thing I was able to notice is that in the video, they seem to plug three cables in, rather than just two. Could this be two monitors mashed together or something?

-The Pickle

I could be completely wrong but it might have to do with bandwidth. I think I remember something about this with cards having difficulty pushing high reso's with high refresh rates so it took more than 1 cable to supply the necessary bandwidth or something. So it's probably DP and HDMI plugged into 1 card seeing as it's 50 inches, 4k and 144hz with HDR.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

13 minutes ago, CallMePickle said:

Guess this is just another case of Ali-marketing.

If it's a non-name brand sold on a chinese-centric website, it's probably fake...(or at least the specs are all BS)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

If it's a non-name brand sold on a chinese-centric website, it's probably fake...(or at least the specs are all BS)

I wouldn't be so doubtful, he pointed out the 3 cables. That leads me to believe it's somewhat legitimate, that would take some decent research/know how to know that 2 display ins would be necessary.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

Look farther down on the product page, it's not 4k in the sense you're thinking of. That is, it has the same resolution as 4k horizontally, not vertically, 3840x1080 instead of 7680x2160.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

AliExpress isn't that different from eBay once upon a time, order stuff from vendors with big ratings and check reviews.  Also don't order stuff other people haven't ordered.

I'd argue AliExpress might be better than eBay at the moment because fewer scams

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers