Transferring large file over internet

hi i am not sure if this is the right thread but mods move me if necessary. i am trying to transfer data from Location A to Location B and Location A has a network speed of 200 and nobody is using it and Location B a network speed of 300 with nobody using it. i am wondering if i can transfer the data from the two location with out going through a cloud service (google drive, one drive, Dropbox, etc). one PC is running Win7 and the other is running win10, both 64bit. 

Just install FTP Filezilla Server on one side, configure and copy files directly.

It requires external IP, port forwarding and medium experience, but is not that hard.

2 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Just install FTP Filezilla Server on one side, configure and copy files directly.

It requires external IP, port forwarding and medium experience, but is not that hard.

thanks alot. do i need the client on the other end aswell?

16 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

one issue with file zilla i need to foward like a couple thousand ports and my roughter wont let me do more than one at a time

No, router allows you to forward range of ports. Try, for example, enter 16660-16680 (and do not enter any internal port).

Torrents are another way. Or software which use same protocol with torrents.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

20 hours ago, kittyducky06 said:

hi i am not sure if this is the right thread but mods move me if necessary. i am trying to transfer data from Location A to Location B and Location A has a network speed of 200 and nobody is using it and Location B a network speed of 300 with nobody using it. i am wondering if i can transfer the data from the two location with out going through a cloud service (google drive, one drive, Dropbox, etc). one PC is running Win7 and the other is running win10, both 64bit. 

If you have a computer with windows pro or server just enable IIS feature and add a FTP folder. Then redirect port 21 to that computer and voila.

Btw. you don't need "thousand" of ports. In Filezilla you can limit number of ports (passive). 10 will be enough.

On 1/21/2019 at 1:46 PM, Franck said:

If you have a computer with windows pro or server just enable IIS feature and add a FTP folder. Then redirect port 21 to that computer and voila.

On 1/21/2019 at 1:26 AM, homeap5 said:

No, router allows you to forward range of ports. Try, for example, enter 16660-16680 (and do not enter any internal port).

my stupid ass rougter wont let me and i found this out later as i have  win7 ultimate

9 hours ago, kittyducky06 said:

my stupid ass rougter wont let me and i found this out later as i have  win7 ultimate

All windows version that are not home have IIS. The only exceptions are pre windows ME.

For router you only didn't find where to go, i have yet to see any router without routing features. That would then not be a router.