Logitech G Pro or Corsair K65 Rapidfire

Hydra453

Both seem awesome, and please don't respond with 'DuCkY Is BeTtEr qUaLiTy', i just want to know if Logitech G PRo or K65 rapidfire is better.

I like MX Speeds, but the G Pro switches also have a good actuation at just 1.5mm, but Speeds are at 1.2mm. I hope speeds don't cause me to make typos.

MY RIG

MOBO: ASUS Prime B250M-A 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6400

GPU: Galax GTX 1080 EXOC SNIPER White RGB

RAM: Corsair vengeance 16GB DDR4

PSU: Corsair VS650 650W

SSD: Seagate 128gb ssd

HDD(s): Barracuda 500gb HDD + Barracuda 1TB HDD

Actuation distance is basically all marketing. The actuation time difference between 1.2, 1.5, and even 2 mm actuation distances is on the order of 5-10 milliseconds, your reaction time is by far the slowest part of the whole system.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

A shorter actuation distance in theory would increase "speed" but I personally can't tell he difference,  do note that the Logitech G pro uses a proprietary b3k keycap mount, which means you won't be finding many replacement or 3rd party key cap sets, and it doesn't help that the caps included are of sub par quality (Lasered abs), the romer g switches are a light tactile switch, the tactility isn't very sharp or pronounced and is even weaker than mx brown (which is already weak af). The K65 with speeds does use cherry mount however, has a non standard bottom row, which may be an issue, it also comes with sub par keycaps (lasered abs as well)  

On 1/21/2019 at 4:13 AM, b emoji said:

A shorter actuation distance in theory would increase "speed" but I personally can't tell he difference,  do note that the Logitech G pro uses a proprietary b3k keycap mount, which means you won't be finding many replacement or 3rd party key cap sets, and it doesn't help that the caps included are of sub par quality (Lasered abs), the romer g switches are a light tactile switch, the tactility isn't very sharp or pronounced and is even weaker than mx brown (which is already weak af). The K65 with speeds does use cherry mount however, has a non standard bottom row, which may be an issue, it also comes with sub par keycaps (lasered abs as well)  

I found a Good deal on the k65 rapidfire, im going to get the Corsair PBT white caps to go with it too. Thanks for the response

MY RIG

MOBO: ASUS Prime B250M-A 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6400

GPU: Galax GTX 1080 EXOC SNIPER White RGB

RAM: Corsair vengeance 16GB DDR4

PSU: Corsair VS650 650W

SSD: Seagate 128gb ssd

HDD(s): Barracuda 500gb HDD + Barracuda 1TB HDD