Problem with brand new $1500 pc

DanG0887

So I finished my brand new pc about a week ago, when I turned it on I heard a strange buzzing/ static/ beeping noise and located the noise to be coming from the power supply, I tried a bunch of troubleshooting options and figured I must have received a faulty psu, so I swapped it out for another new one, and have the same problem. From there I have found out that unplugging the gpu has stopped the noise but I’m not sure what to do from there. I am also scared that this could be slowly killing the components in my pc because the hard drive recently started getting significantly louder. Please help! I am desperate, and need an experts advice. 

I am not expert but one of your conponents is probably defect.If the voice goes away when you unplug your gpu then the problem is with your gpu?

Just now, ChewToy! said:

We can't help you if you don't list all of your parts and models.

Ok, i7 8700k, gigabyte RTX 2070 8gb overclockable version, gigabyte z370p d3 motherboard, 16gb DDR4 g skill trident z RAM, a 1tb WD Blue hard drive, NZXT h500i case, and a Corsair cx750 watt power supply (80+ bronze) 

2 minutes ago, step40 said:

I am not expert but one of your conponents is probably defect.If the voice goes away when you unplug your gpu then the problem is with your gpu?

Ok, would you suggest I replace the gpu?

Just now, DanG0887 said:

Ok, would you suggest I replace the gpu?

Try with another gpu .If there is a no voice with another gpu then send the defect gpu back and get another one.

That said, if it is the gpu, it's probably coil wine, which is a benign annoyance usually. They are ways to mitigate it. 

Play a game the runs with a really high frame rate unlocked and look around. Usually with coil whine, itll change the sound with your camera there. 
It's something you shouldn't have to deal with and if you can get a replacement, cool, but usually is not a problem if it doesn't annoy you. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

1 minute ago, Syntaxvgm said:

That said, if it is the gpu, it's probably coil wine, which is a benign annoyance usually. They are ways to mitigate it. 

Play a game the runs with a really high frame rate unlocked and look around. Usually with coil whine, itll change the sound with your camera there. 

What does a coil wine sound like? I have a liquid Vega 64 and I keep hearing what I think is the pump, I just want to make sure it's not a coil wine..

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

4 minutes ago, ChewToy! said:

What does a coil wine sound like? I have a liquid Vega 64 and I keep hearing what I think is the pump, I just want to make sure it's not a coil wine..

tbh I'd rather it be coil whine than the pump myself. Hard to describe. The best thing to do is to look up some videos of coil whine, then try to make the sound change once you learn a little more about it. A lot of the time it's affected by whats being output, so you can make it change frequency and that's certainly not a pump if the case. Try like csgo unlocked no sync  

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

6 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

tbh I'd rather it be coil whine than the pump myself. Hard to describe. The best thing to do is to look up some videos of coil whine, then try to make the sound change once you learn a little more about it. A lot of the time it's affected by whats being output, so you can make it change frequency and that's certainly not a pump if the case. Try like csgo unlocked no sync  

I'm actually playing that right now which is why I hear it. Let me disable my overclocks.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

12 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

It's something you shouldn't have to deal with and if you can get a replacement, cool, but usually is not a problem if it doesn't annoy you. 

The sound is coming from the PSU tho not the gpu

Just now, ChewToy! said:

I'm actually playing that right now which is why I hear it. Let me disable my overclocks.

yah if you move your camera around and it changes, that's a sign. 

muh specs 

All parts black

3 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

yah if you move your camera around and it changes, that's a sign. 

K I’m the one who posted the problem can someone please help ME and not someone else 

Just now, DanG0887 said:

The sound is coming from the PSU tho not the gpu

if you're 100% it's coming from the psu, that's not uncommon either. Though usually on lower end units. It's odd you tried another one that also did it...

Here's why I think it might not just be the psu- if you unplug the gpu and it stopped, it's probably the gpu if you already tried another psu. I've seen the like 12v rails specifically have coil whine, but often coil whine on a gpu is made better or worse depending on the quality of the power coming into to it. Ripple and stuff. The GPU can also cause the psu to whine, so who knows. 
So I'm not sure here. Try making sure to turn any overclocking off on the gpu, then go to the nvidia control panel>3d settings 

In the global tab, turn the power management mode to "performance" 
See if that causes any change. 

image.png.41e48ec00c72f6bef091402264724272.png
If it does we can narrow down the problem. 

muh specs 

All parts black

4 minutes ago, DanG0887 said:

K I’m the one who posted the problem can someone please help ME and not someone else 

Sorry bud.

3 minutes ago, ChewToy! said:

Sorry bud.

Well do you know what’s wrong or have any suggestions? 

10 minutes ago, DanG0887 said:

Well do you know what’s wrong or have any suggestions? 

What I did was just open HWInfo, sensors only, and monitored the timing with the buzzing and looks like it's happening when my GPU clock goes up, but it's not doing it consistently or constantly so it's hard to tell. My GPU also has a light graph on it that tells me which P state it is in, which gives me an idea of how fast it's running without needing software. But that might help you narrow it down. 

36 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

if you're 100% it's coming from the psu, that's not uncommon either. Though usually on lower end units. It's odd you tried another one that also did it...

Here's why I think it might not just be the psu- if you unplug the gpu and it stopped, it's probably the gpu if you already tried another psu. I've seen the like 12v rails specifically have coil whine, but often coil whine on a gpu is made better or worse depending on the quality of the power coming into to it. Ripple and stuff. The GPU can also cause the psu to whine, so who knows. 
So I'm not sure here. Try making sure to turn any overclocking off on the gpu, then go to the nvidia control panel>3d settings 

Ok

6 minutes ago, DanG0887 said:

Ok

6 minutes ago, DanG0887 said:

Ok

43 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

It says “Access denied Failed to apply selected settings to your system” 

7 minutes ago, DanG0887 said:

It says “Access denied Failed to apply selected settings to your system” 

hmm. That seems to return people saying a clean install of the drivers fixed that for them. 

muh specs 

All parts black

7 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

hmm. That seems to return people saying a clean install of the drivers fixed that for them. 

How do I do that 

45 minutes ago, DanG0887 said:

How do I do that 

download the drivers, select custom install then check clean install 
image.png.2d02ef11f2ee59f997b3e740cb5d561d.png
image.png.67e3efc78ac53c225a5f13dd766f2aa6.png
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

muh specs 

All parts black

8 minutes ago, DanG0887 said:

Alright now it let me turn it on, so what now? 

well my original question was does making sure it's at stock clocks and turning that setting to that affect the sound in any way? 

muh specs 

All parts black

9 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

well my original question was does making sure it's at stock clocks and turning that setting to that affect the sound in any way? 

I’m not sure, I’ll have to test it in a game give me like 30 minutes