Ultimate year 2000 gaming build. Asus CUSL2 P3-1ghz 3DFX Voodoo5 CM ATC201

VictorB

Windows 2000 :-)

Nice...i remember playing UT on Win 2000 quite a lot, because it BSODed a lot of times on Win 98...^^

Good news everyone...!

Oh yes, that PATA cable management, come to papa! :P

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

466739_519861298050302_901659551_o.jpg

The ultimate year 2000 build is allmost done! Only the Voodoo5 need te be installed! First installing all the drivers and test the 2 soundcards and front units. :)

that was a horrible place to put a 24 pin connector :lol:. Cable management is definitely very good considering what you were dealing with, I liek how you did the IDE cables :D although it's probably not very good for airflow.

The cable management is so good!

+1

that was a horrible place to put a 24 pin connector :lol:.

I don't think I've ever owned a M/B with that 24p placement. Interesting...

Cable management is definitely very good considering what you were dealing with, I liek how you did the IDE cables :D although it's probably not very good for airflow.

When were PATA cables ever good for airflow? :lol:

Although there are round ones, but they look rather ugly imho (at least the ones

I've seen).

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

When were PATA cables ever good for airflow? :lol:

Although there are round ones, but they look rather ugly imho (at least the ones

I've seen).

By that I meant the way he put them was even worse than usual for airflow xD.

that was a horrible place to put a 24 pin connector :lol:. Cable management is definitely very good considering what you were dealing with, I liek how you did the IDE cables :D although it's probably not very good for airflow.

The airflow is till good. all the fans spin @ 12volt its not silent but it cools ok.

I like the place for the 20pin atx connector. If its on the 2012 spot where the ide is located on this board it became far easier a mess in this build.

Rounded IDE cabels are so ugly!

Rounded IDE cabels are so ugly!

Huh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. And if your air flow is still good

with the flat cables, all the better :)

• 2 months later...

The ultimate year2000 gaming build is complete!

1048825_545009222202176_1406861222_o.jpg

All the 3.5 and 5.25inch drive bays are filled!

I love the clean design of the Coolermaster ATC201!

1065231_545009212202177_157229649_o.jpg

1040844_545009215535510_1918062734_o.jpg

67812_545009325535499_444333193_n.jpg

1048647_545009355535496_1365485970_o.jpg

Detail shot of the sound hardware

1017558_545009528868812_1008422342_n.jpg

Cable management! 6x 40pin cable + floppy cable!

1040794_545009458868819_1218128717_o.jpg

512mb Kingston memory and Intel Pentium3 1ghz!

600517_545015438868221_221994191_n.jpg

pretty filled up chassis!

Best build to come through here lol!

Really nice work! CM needs to re-release that case with updated fans and ports....It is still a beaut!

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Oh dear lord, childhood memory overload (well, my teens, really, but you get the point)! :wub: :D

CM needs to re-release that case with updated fans and ports....It is still a beaut!

Oh yeah, that would be awesome. But not with today's thin alu sheets but with the building

standards of the days gone by. Alu cases were quite a bit more solid back then.

I agree, and this thread had my memory going. Companies like voodoo and Falcon NW used to use this case and use lambo paint on them and charge $5k for a top end pc. I just checked and they are still around....and doing the same lol.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Dat floppy disk drive and internal speakers! :p

Nice build!

aww good old zip drive so if you ever needed to move files from one place to another only a 50/50 chance of needing to format when you got there

epic i love that SB Live Platinum :D i still have mine painted in black, and it still works.... used to hook up guitars and microphones to my PC :P

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Nice, but why 2 soundcards :D ?

One for each ear, I don't know, just f**king with you :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Ahh

THE MEMORIES :'D

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Thanks to you all!

Really nice work! CM needs to re-release that case with updated fans and ports....It is still a beauty!

Yeah!! That should be so awesome! Maybe I gonna redesign it myself I have some ideas for it. And send it to Coolermaster :)

Indeed with the same material as the ATC201 and 240mm rad support and elss 5.25.

Charger: I use the ZIP drives to transfer games to my MS-Dos gaming rig. Work perfect!

Axis: Yeah the SB Live Platinum is awesome! I found a second bay unit in the thriftshop! So I can do a second machine with the platinum setup!

Jay123: Yeah f*ck crysis :p I can play the really cool games :P

MrSuperb: I use 2 soundscards because it looks cool to fill the whole case with nice hardware. A friend gave the terratec soundcard + module to me. He had bought it new for 600 euro! It has 8x audio in and 8x audio out and Midi In/out. I need to install more software and then I can make recordings with the card. And the SB-Live is for the games.

FireFox hahahaha :D

The video is online!!

Please Enjoy watching! You can leave a comment and like the video if you enjoyed it! :)

Thanks to you all!

Yeah!! That should be so awesome! Maybe I gonna redesign it myself I have some ideas for it. And send it to Coolermaster :)

Indeed with the same material as the ATC201 and 240mm rad support and elss 5.25.

Charger: I use the ZIP drives to transfer games to my MS-Dos gaming rig. Work perfect!

Axis: Yeah the SB Live Platinum is awesome! I found a second bay unit in the thriftshop! So I can do a second machine with the platinum setup!

Jay123: Yeah f*ck crysis :p I can play the really cool games :P

MrSuperb: I use 2 soundscards because it looks cool to fill the whole case with nice hardware. A friend gave the terratec soundcard + module to me. He had bought it new for 600 euro! It has 8x audio in and 8x audio out and Midi In/out. I need to install more software and then I can make recordings with the card. And the SB-Live is for the games.

FireFox hahahaha :D

The video is online!!

Please Enjoy watching! You can leave a comment and like the video if you enjoyed it! :)

When Molex used to rule the world

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Great job on the vid....brought back such great memories of my youth and building my first rig.

We are due for a new UT and Quake Arena.

omg!!!! so much good stuff in that video! i just fell apart...

thank you man!

oh and great filming and editing skills :D

and btw, when i said i had one and it still works... i meant it! here you go

1sl9.jpg

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)