Boy's first PC - budget gaming build ($500++)

Galion

Cooler Master Mastercase Pro 3 - $65.99

AsRock B450m Pro4 - (cpu+motherboard combo) 

Ryzen R3 2200g(reference cooler) - $121.00

Corsair Lpx 8gb 2x4gb 2666mhz cl15 dual channel - $51.49

Gigabyte nvme m.2 256gb - boot drive - $25

Western digital blue 1tb hdd - storage - $20

XFX Radeon rx590 8gb Fatboy edition - $220(rx 570 4gb was $199.99)

Cooler master MWE 550w 80+ bronze - $34

Rebates - $18.42

Didn't charge the boy the build cost. 

I was happy to do it for next gen of gamers

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

Dude check your RAM and AMD does to it  you probably   ought  to get a CL 15 so your board cools properly. I got me a 450 gaming plus  from MSI what  a great BIOS and they ain't messing  with soft/firm-wear to make  up for the lask of real tech in the MOSfats???

1 minute ago, Torontorandy said:

Dude check your RAM and AMD does to it  you probably   ought  to get a CL 15 so your board cools properly. I got me a 450 gaming plus  from MSI what  a great BIOS and they ain't messing  with soft/firm-wear to make  up for the lask of real tech in the MOSfats???

LOL sorry typo it's cl15 thanks

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

1 minute ago, Torontorandy said:

LOL sorry typo it's cl15 thanks

Best Value Build List

8 minutes ago, Torontorandy said:

I have no idea what you just said. MSI's BIOS is a pretty bad one compared to other motherboard manufacturers (AMD-V is located in the OC settings...).

CL15 RAM won't help the board cool properly (??? where did you get that from) but it will increase performance, although not by a huge margin.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

so the ram will enable the board to run at it max potental and let it slow down cooling gradually not in steps but  rather detrermined  by the demand makes it  quiet when you want it to be. you can  watch the light if that  what you  really  want. I want  to forget  about it.

12 minutes ago, Torontorandy said:

so the ram will enable the board to run at it max potental and let it slow down cooling gradually not in steps but  rather detrermined  by the demand makes it  quiet when you want it to be. you can  watch the light if that  what you  really  want. I want  to forget  about it.

Daheck are you on about......... 

45 minutes ago, Galion said:

Cooler master MWE 550w 80+ bronze - $34

Get a corsair cx 450/550 (2017) next time. Its a better buy iirc.

Also pick up 3000mhz ram or 2400mhz and overclock the 2400mhz manually to 2933 or 3000mhz. 

40 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Daheck are you on about......... 

Get a corsair cx 450/550 (2017) next time. Its a better buy iirc.

Also pick up 3000mhz ram or 2400mhz and overclock the 2400mhz manually to 2933 or 3000mhz. 

The cx was out of stock had no better choice I still hate evga psu and my seasonic ones started at 650w

You can OC 2666 as well I was trying to save him $12

Best Value Build List

2 minutes ago, Galion said:

You can OC 2666 as well I was trying to save him $12

Yeah you can do that aswell.