DayZ starting help

nicholaswillems

Hey there,

I just bought DayZ because pretty much everyone seems to play it, including some friends of mine, and I do realise that it's an early alpha.

So I expected quite some bugs etc, but it seems unplayable for me.

1) Mouse: The mouse seems to not move the way I use my mouse at all, as if there's an enormous input lag that's not getting registered correctly. I have already set the x and y sliders to the same.

2) Graphics: Everyone I play with has lower gpu's and are able to play high sometimes, but mine get about 30-ish frames there, so I set it to default, but it seems to freeze every few seconds no matter what graphical setting I am on.

3) Controls: Well from the beginning all controls seem to screw up, there's a button to crouch and another to un-crough, it seems, and sometimes I start walking slow for no reason.

It might all be bugs, but I thought it might have been worth it to ask :)

Thanks!

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

1) Turn off mouse acceleration

2) Huh?

3) Controls are different from most games, rebind them if you don't like them or learn what everything does

However the biggest tip of all that I can give you, maybe even a prayer, please for the love of god don't shoot people on sight.

Hey there,

I just bought DayZ because pretty much everyone seems to play it, including some friends of mine, and I do realise that it's an early alpha.

1) Mouse: The mouse seems to not move the way I use my mouse at all, as if there's an enormous input lag that's not getting registered correctly. I have already set the x and y sliders to the same.

2) Graphics: Everyone I play with has lower gpu's and are able to play high sometimes, but mine get about 30-ish frames there, so I set it to default, but it seems to freeze every few seconds no matter what graphical setting I am on.

3) Controls: Well from the beginning all controls seem to screw up, there's a button to crouch and another to un-crough, it seems, and sometimes I start walking slow for no reason.

Thanks!

Thanks for posting this! :D 

I played the mod for like 5 seconds until I got bored and just thought it was plain stupid. 

Thought they would have fixed bad things by now, but nope. Still a million, and one controls, still bordering as heck, not the best with graphics optimization, and it's still in alpha...

Not going to but it until it stops being bad.. I know it's alpha, but ffs they need to make things better before they put a 30$ price on it. 

Hey there,

Thanks!

2. ok???

I going to call the cops on them that they dear play with a low-end GPU on higher grpichs. thats ilegal and they shoud buy a new one.

Pointless question btw

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Hey there,

Thanks!

I have no idea for 1 or 2, but I can certainly help with 3. 

If you are walking slow for no reason, odds are, you either locked in the "walk" command by double tapping Shift (double tap it again to fix it), or you are aiming down the sights of your gun, axe, or wtv (yes, you can do that). 

I suggest going into the options and changing EVERYTHING to something you can remember and use correctly. I do that with ALL my games. Simply because I prefer ESDF over WASD.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

2) Huh?

3) Controls are different from most games, rebind them if you don't like them or learn what everything does

However the biggest tip of all that I can give you, maybe even a prayer, please for the love of god don't shoot people on sight.

mouse acelleration stays on for some reason. Also don't worry, I won't ever shoot on sight unless being shot at.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

You can do that now? I rage quit until the next big update since I got mad a a bug, I didn't complain, just said I'll wait for the next update, and back then the mouse acceleration toggle didn't do anything

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Play epoch (dayz commander). So much better then the original dayz. Also turn off shadows and post processing.

Frankieonpcin1080p and his dayz series (big fan myself) is also good to see if you wanna know more.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

2. ok???

I going to call the cops on them that they dear play with a low-end GPU on higher grpichs. thats ilegal and they shoud buy a new one.

Pointless question btw

I might have been a little to vague, the only thing I wanted to say was that the screen freezes every few seconds and if there is known a fix for it.

I might have been a little to vagua, the only thing I wanted to say was that the screen freezes every few seconds and if there is known a fix for it.

try check youtube

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log