Is this monitor good?

Crunken

Hey, so i'm gonna upgrade my monitor sometime next month and i've been looking at an Asus 27" LED VG278QR

But i can't seem to find any reviews on it (not on youtube at least) and i was wondering if anyone is familiar with this monitor or knows if it's good. The specs are good but i don't have a lot of knowledge with monitors so wanted to check here first

So would you recommend this monitor? Here's a link to the website i'll buy it from: https://www.komplett.se/product/1116261/gaming/gamingskarmar/asus-27-led-vg278qr?gclid=Cj0KCQiA7IDiBRCLARIsABIPohhg5KBNWKo5klAIPtF_JqfyOjaG9GUkhB8y-cUF1mW63MScuiYhuaYaAthvEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds#

It's in Swedish but you can see product name and price there at least :P

Feel free to send other monitors as well if there's any better ones in this price class, around $400 USD

On paper specs seem decent, though I can't say much for how it would actually be.

Personally I'd take a 24 inch monitor at 1080p so higher pixel density, but that is a personal preference, do whatever suits you.

Do note though, it is a TN panel (TN is a type of display, there is also IPS and VA).

TN panels have, in general, the lowest lag, so this would minimize ghosting. However, the viewing angles are, in general, not the best, and you easily get color distortion while looking at wider angles.

Additionally it is not the best for color contrast.

For reference, in general: (anyone feel free to make this more accurate)

IPS: Great viewing angles, Good contrast, but usually a little pricey

VA: Good viewing angles, best contrast, but poor response times leading ghosting.

TN: Cheaper, fastest response time, but poor viewing angles

I have a gaming VA panel, and it has a backlight strobe feature to reduce ghosting, but it locks the brightness.

Desktop:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.75* RAM: 2 by 8gb G.Skill Flare X 2400 @2666* GPU Strix GTX 1070 @1880-ish

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500gb; 2x 2tb Seagate Barracuda Drives; 1tb hdd (It died after 4 years :();

Laptop: (HP Stream 11-y010nr "Spent all my money on my Desktop" Edition)

CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 @160 BILLION hertz RAM: 400 BILLION bytes Samsung DDR3L @160 BILLION hertz 

GPUIntel HIGH DEFINITION Graphics @32 BILLION hertz

Storage: 32 TRILLION bytes of SOLID STATE emmc C drive with 64 TRILLION bytes of SOLID STATE microSD card D drive.

*Overclocked around 25% of the time... questionably stable.

Interesting.  I have the ASUS VG278Q which I think is the older model compared to the QR.  1ms GTG and 144hz, vs 0.5ms (GTG, Min.), 1ms (GTG, Ave.) and 165hz.  Other than those differences (according to what I can infer from looking at Swedish descriptions and the numbers) it's pretty much the same.  I love my monitor and converting krona to Canadian pesos, it was $170 cheaper.  

https://www.komplett.se/product/952101#technical-details

2 hours ago, CorruptedSanity said:

Interesting.  I have the ASUS VG278Q which I think is the older model compared to the QR.  1ms GTG and 144hz, vs 0.5ms (GTG, Min.), 1ms (GTG, Ave.) and 165hz.  Other than those differences (according to what I can infer from looking at Swedish descriptions and the numbers) it's pretty much the same.  I love my monitor and converting krona to Canadian pesos, it was $170 cheaper.  

https://www.komplett.se/product/952101#technical-details

Yeah seems to be the only differences, they have 60 days free return so i'll just get it and try for a couple of days and see if i like it. I think i will though :D