How to be motivated to go to the gym?

Sir Asvald

You just gotta act cool, its easy to do. You have to time your moves perfectly, and know what to say when the times comes. Also have the lingo down so she can relate to you, and she knows that you know your stuff.

Whenever I usually watch something On the subject, I get motivated,

Keep your motivation around you. Put posters up with motivational pictures, thoughts/ideas.

I'M no expert. But surely it would help to surround yourself more with motivating subject matter.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

4 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

I used to walk quite a lot actually, I don't why I stopped.

There is no better time to start again than now. Walking is great and while it may not be the most effective method of exercise just getting outside is good.

Just imagine how good looking you are when you've finally achieved your desired body goals. But then again, always have attainable and realistic goals and expectations. Nothing comes off easy and that includes weight loss.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Pop in some tunes (wireless earbuds help A LOT with this) and tell yourself that you just have to go. You cant say no or do anything else. Set aside a specific time where you have to go no matter what you tell yourself. I used this method to on days that I didnt want to and while it was really hard to start, it becomes kind of fun. Oh and I would also try cycling because you get so far out and the only way back is to ride back and it gives you more motivation to push yourself. Literally the hardest part is getting started whenever you want to do anything.

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

Find a friend and go together. Then you will motivate each other not to skip a gym day. 

Like everyone else has said JUST DO IT, i started going the gym last August. 5 days a week with weekends as rest days, the answers simple. Don't think about it, accept that it's a part of your life and not a commitment that you have to fulfill. When you start thinking that it's as normal as getting a shower then it doesn't become a chore.

Also like everyone else has said find something you enjoy about it, for me I love to lift and center a large part of my workout to weights. Lifting makes me feel good and gives me a massive confidence boost, when I do cardio it's a completely different story. I hate every second of it.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

9 hours ago, Bigbootyjudy said:

Pop in some tunes (wireless earbuds help A LOT with this) and tell yourself that you just have to go.

Normally I just sit in the shed and watch some Utubes on my wireless buuuds.

Cept lately... 6 months ago or so,.. started hitting the weights again (start High, end up on low level weights, back up,..and down) and just throw on some music for a good hour while doing that..Easy to maintain,.. I'm always in here Tubing the Nexus/Unboxed crowds..

Basically I just noticed some pockets of time I can be doing multiple things,..and if I really need to focus, easy, as I already had started.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

how do you get the the gym...scrap that.

run to the gym.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

On 1/16/2019 at 9:46 PM, Abdul201588 said:

Hello everyone. 

I am in a situation where I need get motivated to go to the gym..My current weight is at 95KG, overweight by 20KG. I sit most of the days at home, I do not move as much as I should. I get up every 2 hours to the toilet or I eat more food. After that I either go back onto my PC or lay on my bed. The thing is, when I do go gym, I got for a couple of weeks then I loose motivation and I completely stop going at all. So how do gain my motivation back? I've asked my friends if they want to go, they all go to different gyms far from where I live. I do drink a lot of water during the day, I do not drink fizzy drinks, if I do I do not finish the can. 

I need some help. :( For anyone asking I'm in Harrow, UK.

Let's agree to disagree

I can't stand the gym, never liked it. I do bike ride almost everyday for general fitness and to get out of the house, especially when the weather is nice.

Got a computer problem? Update the BIOS! ?