$450 in Upgrades for Gaming and Streaming

faizannoor

I want to upgrade my PC and I have $450 CAD to spend. I want to be able to play video games and stream. Any ideas on what I should prioritize on buying? 

Ryzen 7 prices went super low but I missed out :(

Here are my current specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560

MOBO: AsRock H110M-HDS

RAM: G.SKILL Aegis 8GB (1 stick)

GPU: GTX 1050 2GB

PSU: EVGA 400W

CASE: https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811353050&Description=diypc MGA01&cm_re=diypc_MGA01-_-11-353-050-_-Product 

maybe a second hand 6700k or 7700k, another 8 gigs stick and a better psu?

alternatively you could use shadowplay and just get a faster gpu

6 minutes ago, faizannoor said:

I want to upgrade my PC and I have $450 CAD to spend. I want to be able to play video games and stream. Any ideas on what I should prioritize on buying? 

Ryzen 7 prices went super low but I missed out :(

Here are my current specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560

MOBO: AsRock H110M-HDS

RAM: G.SKILL Aegis 8GB (1 stick)

GPU: GTX 1050 2GB

PSU: EVGA 400W

CASE: https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811353050&Description=diypc MGA01&cm_re=diypc_MGA01-_-11-353-050-_-Product 

Upgrade to a Ryzen 3 2200g, they're 99 USD or less. With the left over money buy a cheap motherboard, ram and you might have some cash left over for a 1050ti or a second hand 1060.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

Just now, CharminUltraStrong said:

Upgrade to a Ryzen 3 2200g, they're 99 USD or less. With the left over money buy a cheap motherboard, ram and you might have some cash left over for a 1050ti or a second hand 1060.

or a 580.... just saying

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

maybe a second hand 6700k or 7700k, another 8 gigs stick and a better psu?

alternatively you could use shadowplay and just get a faster gpu

i thought of that but is the "k" version important because i wont be able to OC with my motherboard and have to spend more money on a cpu cooler

Using NVENC should yield a somewhat decent stream, or quick sync in obs settings. Friend of mine has an i5 3570 and a 1050 ti but can stream 720p 30 with little issues.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, faizannoor said:

i thought of that but is the "k" version important because i wont be able to OC with my motherboard and have to spend more money on a cpu cooler

one: k versions are not that much hotter than a regulair non-k

two: if you find a good deal on a 7700 or 6700 go ahead, it's just that you get what I mean

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Using NVENC should yield a somewhat decent stream, or quick sync in obs settings. Friend of mine has an i5 3570 and a 1050 ti but can stream 720p 30 with little issues.

i can stream 720p30 but it doesnt look nice at all, 720p60 is where its at for non-partners on twitch