Ryzen 1700 with GTX 1050 Bottleneck??

I have a Intel Pentium G4560 and GTX 1050

I have 460 CAD to spend on my PC and I wanted to upgrade my CPU. Would a Ryzen 1700 be fine as it is on sale for $270 CAD right now and with the motherboard I would be spending 350 which is better than a 7700 going for 380 alone. I am not too aware of the effects of bottlenecking so I am not sure what to do... I want to use my PC for gaming, streaming and normal use. 

it will bottleneck, but there's nothing wrong with bottlenecking over getting something less and have a bottleneck later

what are the prices on the 1600 and 2600 for you?

5 minutes ago, faizannoor said:

which is better than a 7700 going for 380 alone

Because of the age of the CPU, it's not great to consider getting it new. Intel CPUs never drop in value over time, costing basically as much if not more than when they launched. If you can get a 7700 that isn't new, it would be a better value but I'm not opposed to a good Ryzen upgrade.

Just make sure you don't get a really cheap AMD motherboard.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

it will bottleneck, but there's nothing wrong with bottlenecking over getting something less and have a bottleneck later

what are the prices on the 1600 and 2600 for you?

the 1600 is 230 and 2600 is 240. i dont know much about AMD but i want to have a good cpu for gaming and streaming and normal computer use.

1 minute ago, faizannoor said:

the 1600 is 230 and 2600 is 240. i dont know much about AMD but i want to have a good cpu for gaming and streaming and normal computer use.

well, for streaming those 2 extra cores come in pretty nicely. I would just get a 1700 with a good cheap b450 like the pro4 and get a better gpu down the line

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Because of the age of the CPU, it's not great to consider getting it new. Intel CPUs never drop in value over time, costing basically as much if not more than when they launched. If you can get a 7700 that isn't new, it would be a better value but I'm not opposed to a good Ryzen upgrade.

Just make sure you don't get a really cheap AMD motherboard.

i didnt spend a lot of money on my intel motherboard and it seemed to work fine and i found an AMD motherboard with similar specs on clearance for cheaper. whats bad about it?

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_1207_1205_1505&item_id=111651

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

well, for streaming those 2 extra cores come in pretty nicely. I would just get a 1700 with a good cheap b450 like the pro4 and get a better gpu down the line

so what quality do you think i could stream up to on a game like Fortnite, I have a 60hz monitor so i usually cap my frames at 60 but without it capped i get around 90 - 120 but i wasnt able to stream higher than 720p30 on a 3000 bitrate

1 minute ago, faizannoor said:

so what quality do you think i could stream up to on a game like Fortnite, I have a 60hz monitor so i usually cap my frames at 60 but without it capped i get around 90 - 120 but i wasnt able to stream higher than 720p30 on a 3000 bitrate

well... even light games like fortnite are hard to stream on a higher bitrate. you could get a cheaper cpu and upgrade your gpu for encoding on that, but for the 30 dollar difference I would just get the 1700 right away for it and try it on that

If you're looking at older generation stuff, look at the used market. There's really no reason to be buying new stuff, and you can save a ton of money since you're on a pretty strict budget. Of course the video card will bottleneck the CPU. It's extremely weak compared to the high end CPU you're looking at.

Look for a used 1600/x, and AMD board, and go from there.

10 minutes ago, faizannoor said:

i didnt spend a lot of money on my intel motherboard and it seemed to work fine and i found an AMD motherboard with similar specs on clearance for cheaper. whats bad about it?

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_1207_1205_1505&item_id=111651

You won't be able to overclock on this board, making the CPU rather...lethargic. AMD needs high clocks to compete with Intel.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

13 minutes ago, dizmo said:

If you're looking at older generation stuff, look at the used market. There's really no reason to be buying new stuff, and you can save a ton of money since you're on a pretty strict budget. Of course the video card will bottleneck the CPU. It's extremely weak compared to the high end CPU you're looking at.

Look for a used 1600/x, and AMD board, and go from there.

You won't be able to overclock on this board, making the CPU rather...lethargic. AMD needs high clocks to compete with Intel.

isnt there a risk of buying used computer components?

7 minutes ago, faizannoor said:

isnt there a risk of buying used computer components?

No more than buying new computer components. You still get the warranty, and if you're using Paypal, you're covered there as well.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, faizannoor said:

A320 is really bad cheap stuff, you need a B350 at least if you plan on feeding a power hungry CPU like that 8 core. I recommend avoiding A320 at all costs.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad