How should I upgrade my build?

Hey everyone, so I recently got enough money to pull a massive overhaul to my rig, and was wondering if it would be better to upgrade my CPU, ram, and motherboard, OR get another GPU to run in SLI, OR get an entirely new graphics card. All advice is appreciated!

Currently running:

CPU: Intel core i5 4670k at 3.4 GHz

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8G

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB

Motherboard: MSI z97 gaming 5

Try and find a used i7 4770K or i7 4790K on Ebay. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

My question to you before I give advice is: What do you want your upgraded PC to do that your current PC is unable to do? I ask because if you want more workstation power, upgrading the processor is a good start. If you want more gaming potential, what resolution and Hz monitor are you running games on? 

On 1/13/2019 at 12:46 PM, Darkroe said:

My question to you before I give advice is: What do you want your upgraded PC to do that your current PC is unable to do? I ask because if you want more workstation power, upgrading the processor is a good start. If you want more gaming potential, what resolution and Hz monitor are you running games on? 

I would like to get some more gaming potential out of it primarily, but I am also beginning to edit more videos for assorted classes, so that would be a side priority for me. Currently, I run games on a 1440p 165 Hz monitor.

On 1/13/2019 at 12:41 PM, ChewToy! said:

What's your current budget? 

My current budget is about $550.

Sell your GPU, CPU, Motherboard and RAM and buy something like this. Vega 64 is pretty cheap right now, but you could get a decent AIB Vega 56 for just a little more. Or you can find a GTX 1070 TI/1080 TI/RTX 2070 at a good price on Ebay. Up to you, the 2600 is a great processor if overclocked and will allow you to upgrade to Ryzen 3.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $164.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $59.89 @ OutletPC
Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $119.99 @ Newegg
Video Card PowerColor - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB Video Card $419.99 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $784.86
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $764.86
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-14 19:21 EST-0500  

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

5 hours ago, DragonMaster391 said:

I would like to get some more gaming potential out of it primarily, but I am also beginning to edit more videos for assorted classes, so that would be a side priority for me. Currently, I run games on a 1440p 165 Hz monitor.

Okay, with that in mind I would aim for the graphics card right now because your processor is pretty decent.

However, with a $550 budget (and the tier of computer you already have), as you said you are looking at the replacement of either the GPU or a combination of the CPU, RAM and motherboard. 

But if you did sell your GPU at, eh, I'll low ball at and say $220 (most go for $240 used), that's a $770 budget to get a new graphics card, something like a Radeon RX VEGA 64 as ChewToy! suggested or an RTX 2070, roughly a $400 and $500 purchase respectively. This would leave either $370 or $270 for later upgrades to the CPU, RAM and motherboard, or even more if you sold those too. 

ChewToy!'s build guide works perfectly with the extra $370 you would have after buying a Radeon RX VEGA 64, even allowing the option of either the Ryzen 7 1700 (8 cores) or Ryzen 5 2600 (6 cores) (since both have very similar prices atm) and the motherboard is Crossfire capable for 2 VEGA 64s. You even have 2 more RAM slots on the motherboard unfilled for future upgrades to 32GB RAM (If you even need that much).

However, if you choose to go with the RTX 2070, know that it does NOT SLI whatsoever. The only upgrade-able cards SLI capable are the GTX 1080 (& Ti) & RTX 2080 (& Ti). Each of those cards is a minimum $600+ right now, which seems outside your budget range. 

But in the end, for now you could simply buy a Radeon RX VEGA 64 and have $130 ish dollars left over of your $550 budget to save on upgrading the CPU, RAM and motherboard.