Planning a serious Gaming + Streaming rig ($4000 budget)

Ashfame

Hello, first post here.

I am planning to build a serious gaming + streaming rig. I have a budget of $4000 (for the entire shebang - monitor + keyboard + mouse + build itself).

I will most likely be purchasing everything from India itself, where everything costs more as compared to US market.

My needs are playing 1440p on 144hz (FPS games on monitor) and 4K @ 60Hz (TV) for games that are of racing genre, using a controller.

I would also like to live stream at the best possible quality when playing on either of the screens, hopefully at the resolution I am playing.

So far, I have selected the following build parts:

Parts Price
AMD RYZEN 7 2700 8-CORE 3.2 GHZ (4.1 GHZ MAX BOOST) SOCKET AM4 PROCESSOR 24300
ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS SOCKET AM4 MOTHERBOARD 10000
2080TI Graphics card 130000
CORSAIR RM1000X 1000W FULLY MODULAR POWER SUPPLY CP-9020094-UK 10000
RAM RGB 2*8 Gsill 3000 MHZ 12000
HDD 2TB 5250
M.2 NVME 256GB SSD 10000
PC Case 6000
Monitor Acer Predator XB271HU 49000
Razer Blackwidow Tournament Chroma V2 Mechanical Keyboard – RZ03-02190100-R3M1 9013
Mouse 5200
HyperX Cloud Revolver S Headset with Mic (Black) HX-HSCRS-GM/AS 13011
AIO Liquid cooler 280mm NZXT 13279

Total comes to  297053 INR which is $4130

I wanna trim it down a little by keeping cpu on stock air cooler (wraith spire) + cheaper headset maybe?

I do have the budget but I don't wanna buy something that's just costing me more without providing any meaningful increase in value for me.

I learnt that I might have to go with another motherboard as this one requires bios update before ryzen 2700 can run on it, which in turn requires a cpu to flash bios. So, perhaps X-370 PRO? It does cost approx 50% more.

Looking forward to your suggestion to move things up and down.

Also suggest on ideas on making it RGB pretty. How many extra fans and which ones I need. I want to have positive pressure in the case to minimize dust and is it possible to have an air filter for intake in case, so that little dust enters the case by suction.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

@Slottr Could you explain why you think i9 + this motherboard is better? i9 will cost me 2.7 times the price of Ryzen 2700

1 minute ago, Ashfame said:

@Slottr Could you explain why you think i9 + this motherboard is better? i9 will cost me 2.7 times the price of Ryzen 2700

The 9900k has better single core performance compared to the 2700x, that and its slightly improved in a few other areas.

Though, if you feel like you can sacrifice the minimal performance go with the 2700, I only picked the 9900k because it is slightly better (~10-15%) and your budget permits it. 

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Ashfame said:

Stick with Ryzen. Way better value for money and it will do a good job for gaming at 1440p.

I would advise you to get a better board though than that Asus one. You don't need a 1000W power supply for starters. A 650W is more than enough. You can probably save on the SSD as well by going with a SATA i.e 860 EVO or Crucial MX500 etc and also a cheaper cooler.

Just now, Slottr said:

The 9900k has better single core performance compared to the 2700x, that and its slightly improved in a few other areas.

Though, if you feel like you can sacrifice the minimal performance go with the 2700, I only picked the 9900k because it is slightly better (~10-15%) and your budget permits it. 

Gotcha, its way too expensive in India. 2700 should cut it fine, I think. If needed I will buy AIO cooler for it to overclock. Sounds good?

Thanks for your suggestion.

2 minutes ago, Ashfame said:

Gotcha, its way too expensive in India. 2700 should cut it fine, I think. If needed I will buy AIO cooler for it to overclock. Sounds good?

Thanks for your suggestion.

Get a high end air cooler like the D15 or Dark Rock Pro 4. They perform the same and negate any possible issues in the future

There were some issues with your amd build though so I'm gonna look at that quick

2 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Stick with Ryzen. Way better value for money and it will do a good job for gaming at 1440p.

I would advise you to get a better board though than that Asus one. You don't need a 1000W power supply for starters. A 650W is more than enough. You can probably save on the SSD as well by going with a SATA i.e 860 EVO or Crucial MX500 etc and also a cheaper cooler.

That's what I think. 8 cores should be enough to game at 1440p + live stream which would involve encoding or perhaps I can use nvidia shadowplay? 

Also, what to look for in a motherboard?

Power supply - this particular one costs a lot less & comparable to lower PSU units, hence preferring it.

Will look up more on SSD.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Get a high end air cooler like the D15 or Dark Rock Pro 4. They perform the same and negate any possible issues in the future

There were some issues with your amd build though so I'm gonna look at that quick

Those are quite bulky but if they do the job just fine, then costs cheaper than AIO liquid cooling kit. Good suggestion.

Will have to think about aesthetics too.

The issue is of bios requiring an upgrade before CPU can be used, hence requiring another CPU to flash bios.

2 minutes ago, Ashfame said:

Those are quite bulky but if they do the job just fine, then costs cheaper than AIO liquid cooling kit. Good suggestion.

Will have to think about aesthetics too.

The issue is of bios requiring an upgrade before CPU can be used, hence requiring another CPU to flash bios.

I had the same concern for the cooler, but honestly I kinda like it now. My D15 keeps my 1700 @ 3.8ghz constantly below 65c in the summers. 

That motherboard won't need a bios flash either.

Consider a higher hz monitor?

4 minutes ago, Slottr said:

That motherboard costs about $290 here, so it's on the expensive side. What to really look for in a motherboard before choosing one? 

I will have to stick with this monitor. This would be my first time gaming on proper pc config, so I doubt anything beyond 144hz makes any sense for me. I like Pubg more than CSGO, haha.

3 minutes ago, Ashfame said:

That motherboard costs about $290 here, so it's on the expensive side. What to really look for in a motherboard before choosing one? 

I will have to stick with this monitor. This would be my first time gaming on proper pc config, so I doubt anything beyond 144hz makes any sense for me. I like Pubg more than CSGO, haha.

Oh sorry jeez for some reason I thought that was a 60hz display.

For motherboard, the biggest thing is you'll want good VRM's and proper cooling for them so you can overclock further. 

What about the ASrock Fatal1ty?

11 minutes ago, Ashfame said:

That's what I think. 8 cores should be enough to game at 1440p + live stream which would involve encoding or perhaps I can use nvidia shadowplay? 

Also, what to look for in a motherboard?

Power supply - this particular one costs a lot less & comparable to lower PSU units, hence preferring it.

Will look up more on SSD.

Thanks!

Not that well versed on Nvidia Shadowplay so can't really comment on that. 

For the motherboard you need something with a decent VRM so that it can handle the 8 core R7 2700. A lot of Asus boards are pretty bad unless you start looking at the higher end ones such as the Strix above or Crosshair. The MSI B450 Tomahawk is a pretty decent mid range board. Not sure how it compares price wise to the Asus.

A 1000W psu is way way more than needed though. That would be enough for SLI 2080 ti's. Surely the RMx 650W is less money ? Or any other good quality 650W unit.

Also some Freesync Monitors are now certified for G-Sync so you can use an Nvidia gpu on them. Not sure if any 1440p are on the list but worth checking out.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-01-07-nvidia-adds-g-sync-support-to-some-freesync-gaming-monitors-7030

17 minutes ago, Ashfame said:

what to really look for in a motherboard before choosing one? 

Its hard to look for details by looking at specs you need to usually see reviewers comments on them. Specs are best finding out whether you get wifi for example or if it has usb-c for example. Often they will say things like X number of phases or excellent memory support etc which is meaningless for the most part in the real world.

For cost effective X470 I'd do a Taichi vs ASUS

Just now, Swes said:

Its hard to look for details by looking at specs you need to usually see reviewers comments on them. Specs are best finding out whether you get wifi for example or if it has usb-c for example. Often they will say things like X number of phases or excellent memory support etc which is meaningless for the most part in the real world.

For cost effective X470 I'd do a Taichi vs ASUS

If he can't afford the Asus Strix then I doubt the Taichi is in budget.

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

If he can't afford the Asus Strix then I doubt the Taichi is in budget.

We will have to see, pricing is weird in other parts of the world and they might be the same price here but totally differrent in india im trying to just give options, the fatality B450 is the lowest end i would bother with for 8 core processors and if its not much of a jump go tachi IMO.

3 minutes ago, Swes said:

We will have to see, pricing is weird in other parts of the world and they might be the same price here but totally differrent in india im trying to just give options, the fatality B450 is the lowest end i would bother with for 8 core processors and if its not much of a jump go tachi IMO.

Sure prices can be weird depending on the country, but the Taichi is their top end board (Taichi and Taichi Ultimate) so they are usually priced accordingly. The MSI B450 Tomahawk I suggested is probably more affordable for the budget and is still a pretty decent board.