Can't get China Rising to work

Skcorpion86
Go to solution Solved by iruixos,

YES! I said..."If I right click BF4 in origin and click game details and go to the expansions section, it has premium membership grayed out (because i'm not a premium member) and China Rising is not grayed out. It says I can play it." in my original post...

Alright, calm down. I just missed that bit.

Remove the files that weren't yours and download them. Sounds like a long wait but the game could be using an authentication process that is stopping you from using that other persons files.

Where the files come from is more or less irrelevant as long as they're exactly the same and you're licensed to use them.

The main issue at hand here is that Battlelog is not recognizing the fact that he owns China Rising. The only way I know of to remedy that (and you're not going to like it) is to get in contact with EA Customer Support (which according to this post doesn't help at all).

EDIT: Try this http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Unable-to-open-servers-with-China-Rising-DLC-on-PC-even-with/m-p/1961493/highlight/true#M65171

I transferred the files for china rising from my friends PC to my PC so I wouldn't have to Download the 4 GB. I resumed the DL after the transfer, and the download went by super quick (because the files were already there). I went to play a china rising server and it tells me I don't even own china rising. 

I know the files I took from my friends PC were put in the correct files on my PC. There could possibly be a few files I didn't get but I don't think so.... If I right click BF4 in origin and click game details and go to the expansions section, it has premium membership grayed out (because i'm not a premium member) and China Rising is not grayed out. It says I can play it. I also clicked "repair files" and it says "there were no missing or corrupt files" in my china rising pack. 

I go back to battlelog, and it won't let me play china rising. It says I don't own it on battlelog

I know the files I took from my friends PC were put in the correct files on my PC. There could possibly be a few files I didn't get

I may have to suffer the the waiting time of downloading it and hog up my entire internet connection to get this to work. But, here is another problem.... how do I restart the China rising download? 

Any help on these problems would be fantastic.... thank you. :)

Remove the files that weren't yours and download them. Sounds like a long wait but the game could be using an authentication process that is stopping you from using that other persons files.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Open Origin, go to My Games, right click on Battlefield 4 and click on View Game Details. Does China Rising show up at the bottom?

GW2: Vettexl.9726

But my friend and I do it all the time. We did it with Battlefield 3 (whole game) Battlefield 4 (whole game) and TONS of steam games. I paid for all the games, we just pretty much speed up the download process this way. After you transfer the files, the download will go to 100% and it will stay there for a minute of so and I assume it "authenticates" when it's downloading. 

Also, I'm unsure how to restart the download even if I remove the files from my BF4 folders

Open Origin, go to My Games, right click on Battlefield 4 and click on View Game Details. Does China Rising show up at the bottom?

YES! I said..."If I right click BF4 in origin and click game details and go to the expansions section, it has premium membership grayed out (because i'm not a premium member) and China Rising is not grayed out. It says I can play it." in my original post...

Where the files come from is more or less irrelevant as long as they're exactly the same and you're licensed to use them.

The main issue at hand here is that Battlelog is not recognizing the fact that he owns China Rising. The only way I know of to remedy that (and you're not going to like it) is to get in contact with EA Customer Support (which according to this post doesn't help at all).

EDIT: Try this http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Unable-to-open-servers-with-China-Rising-DLC-on-PC-even-with/m-p/1961493/highlight/true#M65171

Edited by Vettexl

GW2: Vettexl.9726

did you buy the digital deluxe yourself, or are you just trying to play it without buying it???

Looking for a job

I'm reading this, and I just don't know how to change the value of the installer or whatever. I don't know how to do this... EDIT: I figured it out, however when I go to the registry editor, my DLC folder isn't there.... Not sure what to do now.

Thanks for finding this for me, I feel like i'm getting closer for this to work

did you buy the digital deluxe yourself, or are you just trying to play it without buying it???

I bought the digital deluxe myself. I have china rising legitimately. 

You arent premium im guessing. Only premium players have china rising right now. Theres a registry workaround i can link you

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

You arent premium im guessing. Only premium players have china rising right now. Theres a registry workaround i can link you

All players should have China Rising by now if they have bought it. It was released to all 22th of Dec.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

As Copying BF4 alone works fine, there is a different thing happening when China rising is making registry entries.

I've heard of a few people who HAVE to initiate the download, cannot do a straight copy and play.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I did initiate the download at first. Then I transferred the files.

Can someone tell me how to reinichiate the download? that way I can just download it like normal....

The registry folders aren't there because you have to create them.

how do I create them myself? 

EDIT: I did it, and now my china rising maps are working. Thanks for your help. I thought it was a little more complicated then that to create the registry folders. But it was easier than I thought. Thanks

I did initiate the download at first. Then I transferred the files.

Can someone tell me how to reinichiate the download? that way I can just download it like normal....

Close Origin

Go into your BF4 Update folder, in Mine I see Xpack1, presume this is CR,... remove the Xpack1 folder(do not delete, just move it out, in case its the wrong one you can put it back)

Start Origin, it will either Auto Download, or you may have to retrigger it by "showing game details" after rightclicking the BF4 tile in Origin and you'll see CR at the bottom,.. rightclick and install.

When it starts working, delete the folder you moved out to wherever.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz