Do I have a virus?

UnspeC5d

Recently I had installed a game called "Universe Sandbox Simulator 2". I had pirated it, so when I installed it, Windows gave me an alert stating that I had got a virus known as "DriverUpdater.A"

I want to know whether this really is a virus or a false positive

Thank you

Windows Security 09-01-2019 13_43_30.png

PC

CPU : Ryzen 3 2200G

RAM: G SKILL Ripjaws 8GB 2400Mhz

MoBo: GigaByte A320M - HD2

Storage: WD Green SSD

Case: Cooler Master 

PSU: Cooler Master Elite 400W

get the actual game. i do not endorse people who pirate active and recently released titles that can still be bought easily from a publisher

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

get the actual game. i do not endorse people who pirate active and recently released titles that can still be bought easily from a publisher

Sorry, but my parents won't get me games easily. But however, I occasionally get original copies of the games which I love, I understand that this way, developers are not getting the full credit for their games which they have worked so hard on creating...

PC

12 minutes ago, UnspeC5d said:

I had pirated it

I'd say the likelyhood is pretty good that it is real. Pirating games and apps is generally a bad idea exactly because it's so easy to hide malware/viruses in them and then get a lot of people infected with little work.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I'll answer your question once you've bought the game ;) 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, UnspeC5d said:

Sorry, but my parents won't get me games easily. But however, I occasionally get original copies of the games which I love, I understand that this way, developers are not getting the full credit for their games which they have worked so hard on creating...

i understand your situation, but there are plenty of free to play titles out there. (warthunder, world of tanks, CS;GO, Warframe and more)

save cash for games. if you choose to buy them with your own cash, the parents shouldnt argue with you (though some will try)

I just checked on steam, there is quite a discount on it, I hope I can convince my parents to buy it?

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

i understand your situation, but there are plenty of free to play titles out there. (warthunder, world of tanks, CS;GO, Warframe and more)

save cash for games. if you choose to buy them with your own cash, the parents shouldnt argue with you (though some will try)

8 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

I'll answer your question once you've bought the game ;) 

PC

18 minutes ago, UnspeC5d said:

I want to know whether this really is a virus or a false positive

A little tip for you really getting those games, really cant avoid trojan although it looks safe sometimes...

- avoid using installers, iso

- get the game from"original source"

- turn off all defenders/ antivirus and not using that pc for important data. so the  worst case virus can only ruin your softwares

Hey bossman, how about not pirating the game next time. Also, you probably do have a virus.