Dell

Tamesh16

I noticed a program running called Dell  data vault collection something, running on my alienware, i opened its location to find files being stored, with like a bunch of data with temperatures of my gpu and cpu and a bunch of other data, i wouldnt mind but it takes up quite bit of ram and cpu usage when its running, 

i figure since video linus did noticed the alienware aurora had too much ram being used at idle 

has anyone else noticed strange background apps running on their dell

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

Untitled.png

2019-01-09.png

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

7 minutes ago, Derrk said:

i wouldn't worry about it. It's only using 0.4mb of memory

oh no, at the moment it wasnt doing much, just showing that it exists, but it can do up to 60% cpu usage at times 

You're always free to remove stuff like this, y'know.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Check the programs list to see if it can be uninstalled. It seems like it's there to collect usage data for Dell to know what people use their PC's for.

31 minutes ago, JosephMG said:

Check the programs list to see if it can be uninstalled. It seems like it's there to collect usage data for Dell to know what people use their PC's for.

none of its there thats the thing, like its just taking up compute power, but i dont want to tinker and mess around deleting things i dont know much about, 

but this is just one of the many programs just running taking up 4 gb of ram at idle

its just a telemetry program fir Dell, check out the Dell manufacturer forums they're pretty open about people being free to remove it. It's slowing down your laptop at times, to send Dell collected info about how your using the laptop and what how the hardware is responding to the work. 

It's mostly harmless bloatware 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige