Project Shield

brandon

Might be something to look out for, hopefully it doesn't have a ridiculous price otherwise it might be a flop

while (true) {

live();

}

It can play 4K video over HDMI without lagging! That gets me genuinely excited for Tegra 4. This is the first Tegra generation that has really excited me.

I believe its a great idea from NVIDIA!! Completely practical. I'm just suprised that it hasn't already been released. Now that it has the power with the new Tegra4, I'm sure it'll be insanely fast, efficient, comfortable, and "Hopefully" affordable. It will more than likely flop if the price isn't right. Build quality is also of course very important. Aesthetics seem to spot on, especially with the customizable faceplate. If not completely, then I'm sure third parties like SkinIt will be all over that...

Overall for the gamers that enjoy mobile gaming, it'll do just fine on the market.

Go Android!

So, the awesome things about Shield so far:

1. Full physical control set
  2. Standards-compliance
  3. Stock Android
  4. Ability to play 4K video and games on an external display

I dont know if I missed it or not, 4G option?? If so, multiple carriers? Maybe in the future.

I dont know if I missed it or not, 4G option?? If so, multiple carriers? Maybe in the future.
It will probably have the LTE modem onboard once it's been fully vetted by the FCC and 3GPP, but I suspect a WiFi-only version initially.

Then again, they may just be shipping it with the modem and unlocking it later via an OTA firmware update.

4k doesn't really matter right now, i mean how many people can afford a $20K TV.

I wonder what the release date will be

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

HA! how bout this... what about built in WiDi capability?!?!?

4k doesn't really matter right now, i mean how many people can afford a $20K TV.

I wonder what the release date will be

4K matters now because if good graphics can be achieved at 4K then amazing graphics can be achieved at 720p. Remember, mobile games today don't even have AA typically.

Probably H2 for the release period.

HA! how bout this... what about built in WiDi capability?!?!?
WiDi has 250ms of latency in a best-case scenario.

The 4K video sure is a great feature, but it all comes up to the price. If it costs very much, it's suddenly not such great anyhow.

MEH

Streaming PC to the device.. WiDi?

● Thermaltake Core P5 ● ASUS Z170-A ● Intel Core i7-6700k 
● EK Supremacy EVO ● 2x 8GB GSkill Ripjaws 
● EVGA GTX 770 ● Samsung 850 EVO 250GB ● XFX 750W Black Edition PSU

Streaming games from PC....now that's something I would actually use.

Imagine playing Crysis 3 while lying in your bed!

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Having a 4K output capability doesn't mean anything if it doesn't have a good game library. Could be the winner of the next-gen race and could be the last, we'll just have to wait and see what games will be announced with it. I can however see that there's a market for a higher end portable console, but seeing how it more or less competes with the Ouya, that will obviously have a much lower price, it's going to have some tough competition.

i was worried at first, but when they got it to work, the connection to the pc blew me away

AWWW SHIIIIIT

AWWWW SHIIIT, there goes my money.

so um, saving up for this and a 780 now.

AWWW SHIIIIIT
AWWWW SHIIIT' date=' there goes my money. so um, saving up for this and a 780 now.[/quote']

And a 4K TV :D

Looking at the Nvidia stock index, it's close to it's 'all time low', this is probably an attempt of changing that directly. We'll see how the markets react when NASDAQ opens.

Need USB & PS/2 input on the controller, so I can play SC2 on the TV :P

You better believe that the Tegra 4 is up-scaling to 4k. Thislooks like up-scaled 720p with some AA or something like that.

I wasn't nearly as impressed with this until they connected to the PC. I just hope they have a decent price on it.

Looking at the Nvidia stock index, it's close to it's 'all time low', this is probably an attempt of changing that directly. We'll see how the markets react when NASDAQ opens.
Except it's ten times its all-time low, and Nvidia is profiting more than ever. Yes, it's much lower than peak, but notice that that peak was the same time as many other tech companies peak. That was a bubble; the stock is stable now, and the company is performing better than ever.

Wow WHAT? No price? no ETA?