Project Shield

brandon

I think i am more excited about the razer edge with the much larger screen. but the streaming of steam games is a major attraction.

do...how did they connect the Ethernet cable, through USB?

Wow WHAT? No price? no ETA?

Dude, this is the first time they've announced it, of course we won't see anything now, maybe at E3 if we're lucky.

That probably was a CES demo unit, with some fancy USB network adapter :p

It better fail

or I will have alot of banning to do

it is mobile/console gaming on freaking pc

It is a disease of a horde of bad silver spoon kids

You know you saw counter strike

I don't want pubs to be filled with this

or any steam game for that matter (has steam)

*facepalm*

"This isn't turning it into console gaming, this is giving it potential to replace console gaming. "

Better way to say it would be: It's turning console gaming into PC gaming with a controller.

My only downside with current-generation consoles is that it slows down PC gaming, and if something like this were to happen, Sony & Microsoft would have to release something capable of competing with the Shield, which would result in much better hardware and even nicer graphics on PC, as consoles wouldn't slow down PC gaming that much anymore (for a couple of years ...)

I guess its kind of cool. So aside from the whole 4k thing that doesn't really matter as far as games are concerned this is basically just removing a couple cables that would go from my PC to my TV ??? ...Groundbreaking it broke teh internets.... Am I the only person concerned for actual games in the coming years. So many different damn platforms coming out all at the sametime. Were gong to have so many different platforms with no games to speak for. I guess the next few years are going to be the time to catch up on the titles that you missed playing.

In this case it's only 1 platform, streamed to all devices in the house.

Which is awesome.

Ipsa scientia potestas est

I honestly think it has some great selling features. Like mentioned the 4k and all that jazz. But what makes it for me is that it will overpower all forms of portable gaming we have now (except bulky gaming laptops). It has a nice display and some neat features. I hope it will be a hit!

AMD FX-8350 Asus M5A-99X R2.0 EVO Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 (9-9-9-24 @1600MHz) - Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 (OC 1000MHz) - Corsair TX-650

Corsair H100i Fractal Design R4 Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 MadCatz R.A.T. 7 WD Caviar Black 2TB and Samsung 840 120GB

==="Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose" ~ Master Yoda===

The ability to stream games off of your PC to a TV is super sweet, I can't wait to see where this can go in the future. Crazy potential!

CPU - i7-3930K @ 4.5 Ghz | GPU - EVGA GTX 680 | MOBO - ASUS Sabertooth X79

RAM - 16 GB of Kingston HyperX @ 1600 MHz | SSD - 2 x Intel 520 series 180 GB SSD's (Raid 0)

HDD - WD 1 TB Black | Case - Corsair 600T | PSU - Corsair TX750 | Cooler - Corsair H100 | Sound - ASUS Xonar DGX