Any news on Broadwell?

What's the news? Whens the release date? What are the rumors? I'm thinking of selling my current build and building a new computer but I need to know before I go build one and a few months from now Broadwell or a new processor from Intel launches! Please let me know what I should do, not sure!

Basically...

Should I sell my computer now and build a new i7-4770k build?
Or..... Wait for Broadwell whenever that is..

i would not be selling your pc any time soon for broadwell. You might be waiting a while

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Rumour has it that the release date has been pushed forward to Q3, but I'ld delay jumping on board, with DDR4 coming out with it there's bound to be a world of issues

I think in the near term they are doing a haswell refresh. then latter in the year it will be broadwell. of course this is speculation but I believe i read that somewhere so probably not a good idea to sell your rig any time soon.

don't wait for broadwell, in term of gaming it's nothing to get excited about.

I think in the near term they are doing a haswell refresh. then latter in the year it will be broadwell. of course this is speculation but I believe i read that somewhere so probably not a good idea to sell your rig any time soon.

Yeah.  I kind of feel like there has to be an 1150 refresh before Broadwell.  Has there been a relatively modern socket that has only supported one CPU cycle then been left for the next one?  I could be totally wrong here....now I'm curious.  Anybody with the knowledge here?

We still have no latency info on DDR 4. It starts at 2133mhz that is all we know. 2133 cl11 sucks. 2133 cl10 is slightly better then 1866 cl9 and you will only see the difference in some games and it is minuscule. If it is cl9 2133? Welp we already have it. It might add 1 fps to a cpu bound game (and no I don't care about dumb benchmarks with integrated graphics and 3 way SLI where no ram latencies are given in the comparison).

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9244215/DDR4_memory_may_not_find_way_into_PCs_tablets_until_2015

It looks very exciting in the work place (more ram on a single stick), and that is about it. A few years from now if they get latency down, yeah it will be awesome.

Broadwell as a chip? I will be shocked if it beats an overclocked Sandy on average to be honest, just like Ivy and Haswell. They are putting 8 cores and 16 threads on Haswell -E. If Broadwell was all that and a box of chocolates or ran cool they wouldn't bother. 

Broadwell -E is the exciting cpu coming out and that is only if you are building a video editing machine/rendering.  

IMO if you are gonna wait for anything you wait for Haswell -E for work and maybe for coin mining to slow down or Maxwell to come out, or tangible evidence of how awesome Mantle is before investing in video cards. Other then that? You shouldn't have any regrets about building a system now. Nothing coming on the gaming front as far as cpu/ram and big swings. GPU's? Well they are way behind a 4770k. They need to catch up to it to be honest. Mantle isn't gonna change that. In fact Mantle will make the 4770k even more overkill. Buying a new monitor might also be a wait and see. Gysync/freesync, video cards are just a mess right now. We should know more by the end of the month...HOPEFULLY. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Yeah.  I kind of feel like there has to be an 1150 refresh before Broadwell.  Has there been a relatively modern socket that has only supported one CPU cycle then been left for the next one?  I could be totally wrong here....now I'm curious.  Anybody with the knowledge here?

Guys you know that Broadwell is the haswell refresh

Never wait, if you need to upgrade, just upgrade now. That's the thing with tech, if you're gonna wait, you're gonna wait forever because when you think you're done waiting, there will be rumours and news of something even better. 

I learnt that the hard way, I wanted to upgrade to Sandy Bridge-E for a while, but all the news of Ivy Bridge-E took over so I decided to wait it out, it ended up being pretty uneventful and I picked up a 3930K for $50 less than what I would have paid a few months earlier. I should have just bought it to begin with in hindsight. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

Guys you know that Broadwell is the haswell refresh

I guess I totally spaced that haha.