Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO

Shd0w2
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

Depends on your chip. From what I've seen from others, it  seems the average oc is 4.5 ghz with the 212 Evo.

How much do you think I could overclock my 8350 with this cooler?

Diamond 5 in League :)

Depends on the voltage and chip itself. test it for yourself

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Depends on the voltage and chip itself. test it for yourself

How? Never tried overclocking, and I was just wondering how much I could, I was not planning on overclocking myself for a while l_l

Depends on your chip. From what I've seen from others, it  seems the average oc is 4.5 ghz with the 212 Evo.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Thanks,thats all I needed to know.

chip lottery i have a 212 evo with 2 corsair sp fans and a 8350. I can hit 4.7 but the stable temp is 60c which is a little higher than where i want it so i keep mine at 4.5.

Seriously? I'm doing 4.5 on stock right now, and it's at like 58C under load. (AIDA stress test)

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Seriously? I'm doing 4.5 on stock right now, and it's at like 58C under load. (AIDA stress test)

I believe the maximum recommended temp on the 8350 is 63c

Most people like to run cool temps. I'm also not talking about the average max oc but the average oc people use with the 212 Evo.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Most people like to run cool temps. I'm also not talking about the average max oc but the average oc people use with the 212 Evo.

I'm okay with it, it only gets up to around 54 in BF4. Would an h60 make a decent difference in temps from a stock cooler?

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

I had my FX chip at 4Ghz easy with my old Hyper 212 before I switched to my new watercooling! 

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

I'm okay with it, it only gets up to around 54 in BF4. Would an h60 make a decent difference in temps from a stock cooler?

The H60 is a bit better than the 212 Evo in performance but is louder.