"No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly"

Sat1600

I have seen this question come up a lot recently regarding the error "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly"  So I decided to make a PSA.

Most of the rx 470s, 570s 480s, and 580s on ebay have been used for mining. The Vbios is often flashed for mining. The AMD software will not work properly with a modded bios.

Many sellers are upfront about this. They will usually state that the stock bios will be reflashed before shipping.

I love mining cards. They are usually well taken care of and quite a bargain.

However, if you buy a rx card from ebay,  message the seller and make sure they ship the card with the stock bios.

If you already recieved a card with a mining bios, all is not lost. Email the manufacturer. Most are happy to send you the correct bios.

If your card has a dual bios, try the card with the other bios and see if it works. There is usually a switch near the power connector.

Do not download a random bios. The same model card with the same model number may need a different bios depending on the vram manufacturer.

If all else fails you can open a ticket with ebay.

Hope this helps