Anyone familiar with AOC?

Hey guys! Salut!

I'm all the way out here in Oman (Mideast) and I just got hooked up with a new PC; gtx 1080 armor, Ryzen 5 2600, 16gb ram and an nvme. I'm blessed and overjoyed.

All this made me feel like my 1080p@60hz monitor was the grand bottleneck, so I'm buying a better monitor.

However, I'm too scared to buy from canada for cheap and have a friend carry it to me. (I thought of dedicating a luggage bag, a full size blanket, a pillow and a puffy coat to wrap it).

Then I thought I should just pay the premium 80-170usd to have it shipped directly to me. I'm sure its a worthwhile investment.

I havent ordered yet but I did end up with this.

Its a 1440p, 144Hz monitor. 27" 1ms, AOC monitor with lots of cool IO and headphone features + freesync. So far love it!

Import/shipping tax for it is lower than the others and I just read that VRR monitors are getting tested by nvidia so I that I can use this monitor's freesync capability with G-SYNC.

In that site, I saw that they marked a variant of this monitor (AG271QG instead of AG271QX), as capable of this feature with the upcoming driver this 15th, which means then I'll be able to utilize the VRR functionality on my GPU with this monitors freesync!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SO!

My questions are,

-Is this a fair buy for the setup I have? Will I be utilizing the monitor fully?

-Do you have any experience with AOC monitors? Maybe even this very one?

-What are your opinions, thoughts or flags for this post?

All reply's are appreciated. Thank you so much!

AOC has sent me several broken panels and their customer service is awful. 1440p 144hz is a good fir for a 1080 though

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

47 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

AOC has sent me several broken panels..

oof. did not know anything about a reputation like that. very sorry for your experience

17 minutes ago, Casual Cube said:

oof. did not know anything about a reputation like that. very sorry for your experience

Don't judge a brand based on one customer reviews..mine still working fine since i first bought it.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

4 minutes ago, geo3 said:

Same here. I have 3.

Dayum xD 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

5 minutes ago, geo3 said:

It's not  that many. I have a dual screen setup myself, and my wife uses one to dock her laptop to.

Maybe...

don't mind me, i am just a broke college student whom always got blown away if i saw a fancy stuff that i cannot afford

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Wow, you guys have had no issues with bleeding, ghosting, dead or struck pixels, anything like that?

1 hour ago, Casual Cube said:

Wow, you guys have had no issues with bleeding, ghosting, dead or struck pixels, anything like that?

No. Although all monitors will have some bleeding, especially if they are IPS. I have an AG271QG and mine seems to be not as bad as the Acer or ASUS comparable models.

My AOC AG271QX is doing well. No dead pixels or other issues.

One thing you should note though, the AG271QX isn't just a Freesync version on the AG271QG. The QG uses an IPS panel, the QX is a TN panel.

I have a 2236vw I got 9-10 years ago (mom got it STUPID cheap since it was a Best Buy display model), and all in all it's served me well. Only real issue it's managed to pick up is some really high-pitched coil whine (probably from power delivery).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

18 hours ago, geo3 said:

No. Although all monitors will have some bleeding, especially if they are IPS. I have an AG271QG and mine seems to be not as bad as the Acer or ASUS comparable models.

this is another monitor I'm considering. Theres the AOC Agon AG271QX, MSI MAG27CQ and the Acer XG270HU. All of them seem really good for what they are with the AOC having the most external features like headphone rest, USB ports etc. The MSI has its sleek design and LED backlights and its stand while the Acer has the best bezels and from what I've seen, good quality bezels and just Acer having that reputation. If anyone can give me a light nudge into the right direction here, I'd be super happy haha.