Boot time from 12 seconds to 1 minute, black screen for 48 seconds, (SSD)

micha,idk

So, I flipped a pc, put in a gpu and ssd, I'm selling it, and the day before I meet the guy the boot time decides to increase to about 1 minute.

I installed steam, msi afterburner, oculus, chrome, beat saber, and geforce experience. I had had the issue once before, and solved it by completely installing another windows and starting from the ground up again, installing everything again and deleting the previous windows. It worked, I re-installed everything, and boot time was 10-12 seconds.

Then, I don't change any settings, besides right now I'm running ethernet from a laptop to the desktop (because the router is upstairs, and I don't have any ethernet access downstairs, so I'm sharing it from the wifi from the laptop, and the connection isn't the problem) and then I restart the pc, and boom, I have a black screen for about 50 seconds or so, right after the windows logo. I can't find any forums with my exact issue.

Help would be appreciated!

No mucho

i like tech

1 minute ago, Saksham said:

windows updates running?

nope

No mucho

i like tech

Windooows... Yaaay....

It's either doing updates or it's just being derpy, not much you can do about it.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

22 minutes ago, micha,idk said:

So, I flipped a pc, put in a gpu and ssd, I'm selling it, and the day before I meet the guy the boot time decides to increase to about 1 minute.

I installed steam, msi afterburner, oculus, chrome, beat saber, and geforce experience. I had had the issue once before, and solved it by completely installing another windows and starting from the ground up again, installing everything again and deleting the previous windows. It worked, I re-installed everything, and boot time was 10-12 seconds.

Then, I don't change any settings, besides right now I'm running ethernet from a laptop to the desktop (because the router is upstairs, and I don't have any ethernet access downstairs, so I'm sharing it from the wifi from the laptop, and the connection isn't the problem) and then I restart the pc, and boom, I have a black screen for about 50 seconds or so, right after the windows logo. I can't find any forums with my exact issue.

Help would be appreciated!

Which SSD is that? Try to update the firmware, I would also check the vendor drivers for your mobo and update it 

2 minutes ago, Saksham said:

what ssd?

Silicon power, it was booting fine in 12 seconds

not an error there, ssd wise

Its just why is there a black screen for forever, as if its trying to find the display, but that doesn't check out because the login screen eventually comes up fine, no off and on then

No mucho

i like tech

Just now, Lukyp said:

Which SSD is that? Try to update the firmware, I would also check the vendor drivers for your mobo and update it 

Not an ssd problem, it was booting in 12 seconds before it decided to not, and its an old thinkcentre so I don't know how many drivers there's gonna be for it, will try tho

No mucho

i like tech

6 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Windooows... Yaaay....

It's either doing updates or it's just being derpy, not much you can do about it.

welp i'll reset everything for the 3rd time

probs being derpy

No mucho

i like tech

1 minute ago, micha,idk said:

Not an ssd problem, it was booting in 12 seconds before it decided to not, and its an old thinkcentre so I don't know how many drivers there's gonna be for it, will try tho

what is the model of the ssd. just for completeness's sake. just tell us the model

Try a different graphics card, just as a test

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!