PC Upgrade - Gaming - Video Editing - Limited Budget [Europe]

TheoKondak

Hello!

Last days my old faithful setup is starting to fail. I think its about time I upgrade my i2500k to something new.

I am thinking of purchasing a new CPU, MOBO, and RAM, but keeping my old Graphics Card, PSU and HDDs.

I did some research myself, and I think that I will be going for AMD Ryzen. I am between 1700x (200€ + 30 for cooler = 230€) and 2700 (266€ cooler included). I think I will be going for the 2700 for a couple of reasons. 1st it includes a fan, so the price difference is about 30€ and I am going to be saving from electricity bills anyways. Lower consumption usually means lower temps, and since I don't consider overclocking (much) at the moment, the stock cooler will do just fine.

Currently, I am using a quite good fan for my i2500k. I can't find the model, but I can see that it's base is modular, so is there any chance it might fit the new Ryzen?

Now I need some advice on RAMs. I'd like to get 16gb due to video editing. I don't intend to spend more than 120€ for the RAM, but I guess I might have to.

For motherboard, I really have no idea what should I get. I don't want to spend more than 150€ on it. I would like to have a lot of USBs since I have 5 USB3 external HDDs (but in case I need more I have a PCI-E USB 3 expansion card).

I will also need a case. For this, I would like to stay as low as possible.

My graphics card is a 2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (ASUStek Computer Inc) but my budget will now allow me to get a new one at the moment.

My PSU is a Corsair CX 600W which I guess will do just fine.

For a new PC built I am going to need a new Windows CD key. I am thinking of purchasing a CD key from here: https://www.goodoffer24.com/windows-10-pro-professional-cd-key-32-64-bit.html?acc=303

Do you think I am taking the right decisions? Would you change any of the above?

Edit: I try to keep my budget as low as 600€ ($700ish) for CPU, Mobo, RAM and Case.

Photographer - Videographer 

Loving behavioral analysis and psychology

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Gigabyte 5700xt OC undervolted

Crusial Ballistix sport @ 3400mhz cl16

Some 15tb of storage

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

yep.... I would

what would be your total budget for it?

Well I am trying to keep my budget as low as possible. I guess a reasonable price would be ~600€ (or $700ish) for MOBO, CPU, RAM and case. I think this budget can give me a good upgrade without breaking my buck too much.

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Some 15tb of storage

5 minutes ago, TheoKondak said:

Well I am trying to keep my budget as low as possible. I guess a reasonable price would be ~600€ (or $700ish) for MOBO, CPU, RAM and case. I think this budget can give me a good upgrade without breaking my buck too much.

wow! You came to my rescue! Thank you very much! It's a really great help. All the components you've posted are the ones that fit to my needs except maybe the CPU don't you think upgrading to 2700 worths it? It's +100€ and probably a worse value but I can afford it. The components you suggested along with the 2700 gives a total budget of 570€ or so which is within the limits.

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Some 15tb of storage

45 minutes ago, TheoKondak said:

wow! You came to my rescue! Thank you very much! It's a really great help. All the components you've posted are the ones that fit to my needs except maybe the CPU don't you think upgrading to 2700 worths it? It's +100€ and probably a worse value but I can afford it. The components you suggested along with the 2700 gives a total budget of 570€ or so which is within the limits.

you could, the memory controller on ut is better and it clocks a bit higher, so it might just be worth it for you.

In the end, I think that I will be waiting for the 3rd generation of Ryzen. I can't wait to see what's new!

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Some 15tb of storage