Is this mouse average size ?

Thenelwave

So I built my first gaming PC this week, and I decided to go with the Corsair Dark Core Wireless Mouse

https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-Dark-Core-Comfortable-Ergonomic/dp/B07B7HYBQW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1546631346&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=corsair+dark+core&psc=1

Im 5’5 with hands to match so my hands aren’t that big.

I was wondering if this is the size of mouse wireless gaming mouse or if others in my same shoes had a similar experience and found something better.

Also not sure if anyone can tell me what DPi Optical Sensor is and if higher the number the better ?

I was also wondering and I will be at a big disadvantage when playing FPS for going wireless. Really dislike wires

Thank you in advance !!

8 minutes ago, Thenelwave said:

Thank you

Mice are a highly individual experience. What works for me, you may hate. Only way to be certain is to try it out and see if it fits your hand, feels good to use.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Would love to hear from others regarding this and the other questions on the post :)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks maybe a centimeter shorter in length than a common M510 from Logitech. About the same height and general shape.

A lot depends on the shape of the palm. I like longer mice despite also having tiny hands. Or mice that fall sharply off at the back. They usually have less of an ergonomic curve. I think the majority of people find the ergonomic mice comfortable because the peak lands near the center of their palm, for me they end up right on my middle knuckle. So I tend to grip mice slightly farther back.

I have two M510 for non-gaming. Still have my Steel Series Sensei (the old expensive one, not the cheaper new versions) for gaming. I actually don't like it all that much but it is flat enough that it doesn't bother me.

I miss my Logitech media play, had three of them, they each lasted about 4 years. Didn't have the best sensor but it fit my hand perfectly. There was also a bluetooth model from Dell (by Logitech) with the exact same shape. Much worse sensor, but I still carry that around in my laptop bag just in case.

Higher DPI means better resolution or more points of measurement per inch. So a way to look at it is high DPI is better in that you don't have to increase sensitivity in Windows as much to get the mouse. I believe the ideal is still that one move of the mouse across its pad can equal traversing the screen. Though acceleration can mess with that, more speed equates to more traverse, higher the DPI the more acceleration is effected I believe. The bad side of really high DPI is a lack of fine control when you want fine precision. So a lot of gaming mouse come with switches for changing the sensitivity/DPI on the fly.

16000 is probably about right for a gaming mouse. If I recall I have my Sensei programmed for 14,500.