G502 vs G403

Which one is better for,

• Productivity
  • Ergonomically 
  • Performance
  • Build Quality
  • Gaming

G502 = More button, Free Scroll Wheel = Better productivity with good build quality,ergonomic and great sensor performance

G403 = Lighter, Simple with good ergonomic,perf and build quality. They use the same sensor so...

Its all depends on your hand size actually. Those are a big mouse. So if your hand is around 18cm L & 8cm W then it is a good choice.

No matter how good the mouse is if it doesn't fit on your hand then it wont be comfortable to use for long periods of time.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

G502 = More button, Free Scrool Wheel = Better productivity with good build quality,ergonomic and great sensor performance

G403 = Lighter, Simple with good ergonomic,perf and build quality. They use the same sensor so...

Its all depends on your hand size actually. Those are a big mouse. So if your hand is around 18cm L & 8cm W then it is a good choice.

I have the 502 and it's an awesome mouse. Just FYI but I have shorter fingers making my hand length around 16-18Cms but it still fits fine, I just have to use finger grip rather than palm... my hand width is around 9cms.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

1 minute ago, paddy-stone said:

16-18Cm

That is large consider your hand width is 9CM...but yes its a great mouse just dont buy the HERO one..its a pointless upgrade

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Ive been using the 502 since its release in 2014 (13?) and still love it. it has a bit more accentuated ergonomics than the 403 I think but probably not too different. I will say though that the numerous buttons are a huge help. If at the very least you set it up like me to control volume, play pause, and next/last track of your music from any screen, you can set tons of profiles for it to do whatever. Considering the price its at now, I would certainly recommend. Either way, Logitech does an awesome job with peripherals. Their software is great.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

That is large consider your hand width is 9CM...but yes its a great mouse just dont buy the HERO one..its a pointless upgrade

Yeah, I have stubby fingers ?

I actually have trouble reaching the snipe button with my thumb because of the short length of my fingers, but it works for me. I just have to position my hand forward a bit when playing games that can take advantage of that button.

For productivity it's all good... I especially love the silent mouse wheel, it's a pleasure to use it in comparison to some of the mice I have used. I have mine weighted a bit from stock config as I found it a little too light without the weights.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

On 1/4/2019 at 1:52 PM, subrooz said:
  • Productivity
  • Ergonomically 
  • Performance
  • Build Quality
  • Gaming

The 502 has more buttons which are very useful in everything, gaming and work (5 more inputs compare to 403).
Its scroll wheel has a little rattle side to side. It has very nice, crisp scroll clicks tho. Easy to click, too. I try to avoid long scrolling sprees with it because it feels metallic and more fragile than the rubbery scroll wheels of most other mice. That's why infinity scroll is there!
It is easier to lift, thanks to the design of the right side. You can see this on the bottom photo on logitech's site. The bottom edge goes under the right button -kind of-, so your fingers can't slip off when lifting the mouse.

All the extra buttons are perfectly positioned for me. They are easy to use. (my hand is about 18x10cm LxW)
I don't use the weights, however they seem to be with quite tight tolerances, I'd say it's so that the magnetic cover isn't needed to hold them inside.

(I got the 502 after returning a 403 because of the scroll wheel. I base my knowledge of the 403 based on the one I returned and the 603, which I own.)

The 403 is lighter, and both of its main buttons are concave, which assist in lifting the mouse. The overall shape isn't "lifting friendly". The rubber coating on it isn't as helpful as it is on the 502 either.
The scroll wheel feels weird on these (403 and 603), it has a sizable dead zone between each scroll click. The clicks are quite rubbery, soft and gradual, tho it is perfectly noticeable when a scroll step is registered. This dead zone and softness make it a bit harder to click in.

This is why I returned the 403. (The 603 is very similar, but I got used to it because I had to have a lightspeed mouse.)

The side buttons are easy to find, much larger and not as sharp as on the 502. I don't prefer either, they're all comfortable to me.

The trap door on the 403 is a smart solution, though the single weight provides less customizability.

At least the left button is concave on both, which is absolutely neccesary for precision imo.

I use both with palm or fingertip grip, depending on the situation.

The cable is good on both, though it's not amazingly flexible. It tends to hold its shape. I've been rubbing the 502's cable on the edge of my desk for about 2 years now, and it did fray a little though it's only superficial, aesthetic.

Both scroll wheels are somewhat flawed, but totally acceptable and usable. 

Performance-wise both are excellent. Very short liftoff distance, and perfect tracking. Crisp button clicks on the main and secondary buttons as well.

I ended up with both (kind of), and I like to switch 'em up from time to time. Though the wireless nature of the 603 is a godsend. I believe the 403 and 603 are quite close in price. Check them out, maybe? If I had to pick one tho, I'd choose the 502. It's overall a more serious piece.

My R2700XT build:  r7 2700 @4.1 Ghz max 65C - Sapphire Pulse rx 5700xt @1625Mhz 955mV 1300rpm fans, max 82C - Asrock B450 gaming k4 - Gskill Ripjaws 2x8GB @3200mhz CL16 - Be Quiet Straight Power E11 650w - Fractal Meshify C - EK-Kit S240 - NB eLoop 120mm PWM - Be Quiet Shadow Wings 140mm 1000rpm - Bitfenix Spectre LED PWM 120mm - Samsung 250GB 860 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Peripherals:  Acer XF270HBbmiiprzx 144hz 1080p TN - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Coolermaster MK750 - CM Storm Reaper - Logitech G303 - Logitech G502 - Logitech G603

Audio:  Hyperx Cloud Stinger - Samson SR850 - Trust Screamer - Creative Gigaworks T20 II