Any way to get any free pc components?

TTQGaming

Yup.. That's right, i need pc components/full built pc for free, unfortunately. i don't have a job, and my parents can't afford even a 200$ pc. So if anyone would be kind enough to give me their old computers or components that have just gotten old overtime, I would appreciate that a lot!

I am located in Estonia (The baltic region)(Europe)

Why do people post these threads without including locations? I've thrown out a lot of hardware over the past few months because people on Craigslist are a waste of time and would love to give it to people on here but nobody posts their locations and I refuse to ship it.

If you want something for free, put in a little effort please. Don't make the people giving it away have to work to give it away.

-KuJoe

3 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Why do people post these threads without including locations? I've thrown out a lot of hardware over the past few months because people on Craigslist are a waste of time and would love to give it to people on here but nobody posts their locations and I refuse to ship it.

If you want something for free, put in a little effort please. Don't make the people giving it away have to work to give it away.

i actually got a "free" pc from a thrift store, I went there to ask if they had anything, it worked, runned dabian and I was happy with it to play with it as long as it lasted

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

i actually got a "free" pc from a thrift store, I went there to ask if they had anything, it worked, runned dabian and I was happy with it to play with it as long as it lasted

The thrift stores near me don't take individual hardware components so I end up just throwing them out, most of it's old junk but I've been sitting on some A320 and B350 motherboards for a while I don't want to trash but this A320 and MSI 970 Gaming are going out to the curb tomorrow. :( I was able to give away a free Ryzen PC after weeks of trying.

-KuJoe

1 minute ago, KuJoe said:

The thrift stores near me don't take individual hardware components so I end up just throwing them out, most of it's old junk but I've been sitting on some A320 and B350 motherboards for a while I don't want to trash but this A320 and MSI 970 Gaming are going out to the curb tomorrow. :( I was able to give away a free Ryzen PC after weeks of trying.

well, I have no problem with getting one... but as I'm in the Netherlands that's going to be hard...

17 hours ago, JZStudios said:

-snip-

Don't talk about armed robbery here.

On 1/3/2019 at 6:26 PM, LukeSavenije said:

look, go around metal scappers, used hardware stores, retailers, and ask if they have anything. but remeber: nothing is free in life

I know that nothing is completely free. But, I don't think that any pc stores or anything that sells tech is near me, the closest town is like 20km away, so.. yeaah. And that isn't even that big

On 1/3/2019 at 6:29 PM, KuJoe said:

I am sorry, this is my very first time asking for things, and i didn't have that much time. I included the location now. Thank you for telling me. You're a good person

17 hours ago, JZStudios said:

-snip-

14 hours ago, TTQGaming said:

Don't talk about armed robbery here.

Yup, not funny at all. So many children here so next time think before you post something.

On 1/3/2019 at 5:57 PM, TTQGaming said:

Yup.. That's right, i need pc components/full built pc for free, unfortunately. I am a child, i don't have a job, and my parents can't afford even a 200$ pc. So if anyone would be kind enough to give me their old computers or components that have just gotten old overtime, I would appreciate that a lot!

I am located in Estonia (The baltic region)(Europe)

I would advise you that you ask your school if they have any old desktops or individual components they are going to throw in the garbage. You might be lucky. 

1 minute ago, Settlerteo said:

I would advise you that you ask your school if they have any old desktops or individual components they are going to throw in the garbage. You might be lucky. 

My school's computers will not be thrown out in a long time (PROBABLY), because they have like an i5 and some good components in it, but if they start doing that, I will ask the IT guy in my school.

This is the kind of people we need here.

1 minute ago, TTQGaming said:

I searched in Estonian stores like 'Arvutilavu' but i only found old HPs all in ones for arount 85 € but i doubt they would serve you doing anything more than office work or play very old games on an older OS like windows XP for example.

4 minutes ago, TTQGaming said:

My school's computers will not be thrown out in a long time (PROBABLY), because they have like an i5 and some good components in it, but if they start doing that, I will ask the IT guy in my school.

This is the kind of people we need here.

you don't know how many core2dual, i3 and even i5 devices i got from a local business... they were going to throw it away, i recovered them all and gave some away. the ones i still have work to this day

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

you don't know how many core2dual, i3 and even i5 devices i got from a local business... they were going to throw it away, i recovered them all and gave some away. the ones i still have work to this day

I will let you all know when my school starts throwing them out, and i'll see if I can get my hand on one or a few.

Just now, TTQGaming said:

I will let you all know when my school starts throwing them out, and i'll see if I can get my hand on one or a few.

yeah, and btw i5 says absolutely nothing about the power of the machine... just so you know that

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

yeah, and btw i5 says absolutely nothing about the power of the machine... just so you know that

I know, but i have seen all their specs and they are like i5- 4th gen 4gb of ram  and I think a quadro gpu or something

1 minute ago, TTQGaming said:

I know, but i have seen all their specs and they are like i5- 4th gen 4gb of ram  and I think a quadro gpu or something

quadro? really? what kind of school are you in?

btw, so it has this sticker then?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor intel 4th gen sticker

14 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

quadro? really? what kind of school are you in?

btw, so it has this sticker then?

I go to a public school

I don't know exactly if a quadro, but it was somethig old, and some computers have i3-s and some have i5-s

Just go to the dumping ground and analyse everything there... I got multiple Laptops from there thrown away because of trackpad issues and so on. With a little effort of the soldering iron, most of them become linux-able Laptops running pretty fast....

One day I got one which was thrown away because of a wrong driver installed....

You are allowed to have animated avatars on LTT, but - try to have images like "userbars" in the signature - no chance...

Excels last cell is XFD1048576 and once was IV65536.

(if you want to have the most effective mousepad - use a colored matte floor tile)

4 hours ago, TTQGaming said:

Don't wait till they start throwing things out, ask as soon as you can as they can probably give you something right away and if not they can put you down on a list of people to give things to when they eventually upgrade. Just gotta ask as soon as you can. 

Sometimes you can find people on ad sites just trying to get rid of things near to you, they won't usually charge anything but you've sure as hell gotta help them if they've gotta send it, they won't do that bit for free I'm afraid. 

Have fun :) 

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

12 minutes ago, paradonym said:

With a little effort of the soldering iron

Soldering iron, we are talking about a kid here.

Even i can't solder for shit.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

8 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

I'm also not good at it, but everything works afterwards... - Especially when it's a dumpster-PC nearly nothing can go wrong. It stays a dumpster-PC or not...

You are allowed to have animated avatars on LTT, but - try to have images like "userbars" in the signature - no chance...

Excels last cell is XFD1048576 and once was IV65536.

(if you want to have the most effective mousepad - use a colored matte floor tile)

10 hours ago, paradonym said:

I'm also not good at it, but everything works afterwards... - Especially when it's a dumpster-PC nearly nothing can go wrong. It stays a dumpster-PC or not...

Never tried soldering pc components or even PCB's but i have soldered in school's ummm...( that class with like wood work and technology and stuff.. I'll just say wood work, ok?) i have soldered some tiny details to make like a motor boat with like a propeller. If anyone would help me solder the pc I could actually do it.

10 hours ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

I haven't tried to solder PCB's or pc components, but I have soldered tiny details in school. If anyone would help me, I would be able to do it.

well you seems quite fluent in english, have you consider taking some easy translation jobs? if you have the guts, go to hunt down some tourists who cant speak estonian, tell them you can be their translator plus guide, usually they cant say no to a kid. and you will have your easy money. put on a smile and don't asking too much, a few euros is enough, if they refuse, just say that's ok have a nice day.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

How are you on here without a computer? 

Main PC

------------

i5-9400f @2.9GHz | Corsair H100i Elite Capellix |Gigabyte RGB GTX1060 6GB | Corsair CX650M | Island Professional 120GB SSD | Toshiba 2TB HDD | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x16 DDR4 3200MHz  | Corsair iCUE 220T | Windows 10 Pro | CPU R20 Cinebench Score -  pts | OpenGL FPS -  FPS | Novabench Score (OC) -  Base - 

Keyboard and Mouse

------------

Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry Mx Red | Corsair Glaive RGB

Streaming PC (HP Compaq 8100 SFF)

------------

Xeon X3440 @2.53GHz | Radeon HD 6450 | HP Compaq 240watt PSU | Toshiba 1TB HDD | Samsung 2x4 DDR3 1333MHz | HP Compaq 8100 SFF | Windows 10 Pro | CPU Cinebench Score - 409 cb | OpenGL FPS - 16.77 FPS | Novabench Score (OC) - 991 Base - 938

Keyboard and Mouse

------------

Logitech G413 Silver White LED Romer-G Switch | Old Gateway Mouse

Monitors

------------

AOC - 21.5" IPS LED FHD Model - l2279VWHE | AOC - 24" TN Panel FHD 144hz 1ms Response - Model G2460PF

our forums and the community is a great place. some members go the extra and do giveaways as does LTT. we don't really offer members to reach out and beg for PC parts.

as that said, please refrain for releasing information to the public as you do not know who/what is trolling around.

<-LOCKED->