Wich pump for watercooling a overclocked RTX 2070 Ref. PCB inside a Cooler Master H500P?

Hey,

I just bought a rtx 2070 and I want to watercool one of them in side of my Cooler Master H500p. I found a compatible waterblock from "Watercool", the "HEATKILLER® IV for RTX 2080 - ACETAL Ni". I found it in this very usefull LIST,

all their blocks with a product number between 15600-15604 are compatible with rtx 2070/80´s with ref. pcb´s.

So, now to my question, what kind of pump will i need, for this gpu? I will use a 360 rad, cuz i can^^

At the top of the case i have allready installed one aio for my cpu, with a 240 rad, i will move it to the front and install the pump on it like in this VIDEO.

I want to buy a pump from "EK Waterblocks" , so, wich one should I buy???

I know watercooling for a rtx 2070 is overkill, BUT I love to do stuff like that, and its my hobby after all.

So, "<insert random watercooling vendor> TAKE MY MONEY"

wdym by double/triple rad? a 360mm rad is triple 120mm fans but it's still a single rad. That waterblock is freaking awesome though, I have the Vega Heatkiller IV on my Vega FE, it's really, really nice, fit and finish is amazing, it's straight gorgeous. I've got that and my 2700X on a CH7 (with EK monoblock) cooled by a single slim 360mm rad, and I use this pump/res combo: https://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-xres-100-revo-d5-pwm-incl-pump.html. CPU temps didn't change much at all from my 280mm AIO (82C max under prime95 small FFT), but the GPU went from hitting 75-85C on the stock blower cooler to an absolute max of 52C after running Prime95 small FFT and 4K Furmark for an hour and a half or so to make sure the loop reached max temp, and the Vega cards get pretty damn hot. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

2 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

wdym by double/triple rad? a 360mm rad is triple 120mm fans but it's still a single rad. That waterblock is freaking awesome though, I have the Vega Heatkiller IV on my Vega FE, it's really, really nice, fit and finish is amazing, it's straight gorgeous. I've got that and my 2700X on a CH7 (with EK monoblock) cooled by a single slim 360mm rad, and I use this pump/res combo: https://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-xres-100-revo-d5-pwm-incl-pump.html. CPU temps didn't change much at all from my 280mm AIO (82C max under prime95 small FFT), but the GPU went from hitting 75-85C on the stock blower cooler to an absolute max of 52C after running Prime95 small FFT and 4K Furmark for an hour and a half or so to make sure the loop reached max temp, and the Vega cards get pretty damn hot. 

Oooh, this was fast, thanks.

This pump is enough? WOW Thats nice.

You are cooling your cpu and gpu with this one pump or did i misunderstand something. If that is what you ment this pump should be easely big enough.

Thanks for your REALLY fast answer and correction

I am using a DDC. They are smaller but plenty strong enough. I run mine at only 30% (oddly it gets slightly louder at speeds less than 30%). It runs 240 & 360 & GPU & CPU.

I also use the EK anti vibration kit. It made install a breeze because I had some holes already in my case that weren't an exact match and the rubber allowed the few mm play to mount the pump.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

1 minute ago, keskparane said:

I am using a DDC. They are smaller but plenty strong enough. I run mine at only 30% (oddly it gets slightly louder at speeds at less than 30%). It runs 240 & 360 & GPU & CPU.

I also use the EK anti vibration kit. It made install a breeze because I had some holes already in my case that weren't an exact match and the rubber allowed the few mm play to mount the pump.

Do i really NEED a reservoir, or is pump enough when I have longer tubes?

Just now, DerPfandadler said:

Oooh, this was fast, thanks.

This pump is enough? WOW Thats nice.

You are cooling your cpu and gpu with this one pump or did i misunderstand something. If that is what you ment this pump should be easely big enough.

Thanks for your REALLY fast answer and correction

CPU and GPU, it's a D5 pump, they're excellent. And you don't really need to worry about the res size unless you like the look of a tall reservoir, AFAIK the big ones don't do much other than make the loop take longer to reach equilibrium and look cooler. 

Just now, keskparane said:

I am using a DDC. They are smaller but plenty strong enough. I run mine at only 30% (oddly it gets slightly louder at speeds at less than 30%).

It's because it's a DDC. From my understanding the D5s are designed to be run at max rpm and make barely any noise, they're good for the best flowrate. From everything I read people say just to get a D5 pump unless you absolutely can't afford it, I don't know of any reasons to have a lower flowrate but then I am a noob (this is my second watercooling loop, first time actually buying all the stuff myself, first time the GPU already had a block and stuff). 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

4 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

It's because it's a DDC. From my understanding the D5s are designed to be run at max rpm and make barely any noise, they're good for the best flowrate. From everything I read people say just to get a D5 pump unless you absolutely can't afford it, I don't know of any reasons to have a lower flowrate but then I am a noob (this is my second watercooling loop, first time actually buying all the stuff myself, first time the GPU already had a block and stuff). 

Space. I couldn't fit a D5. I don't need higher flow for cooling. Also no air cavitation (which adds noise). I added a link to my original post with parts list and a pic.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

5 minutes ago, DerPfandadler said:

Do i really NEED a reservoir, or is pump enough when I have longer tubes?

The pump I linked has a small one already, here's a blurry pic of my system before I snipped the ends off the cable ties:

77672FD8-DD96-4ADB-AE89-996477E634E8.thumb.JPEG.abe0b975d878439cfda5b2cfec040792.JPEG

I mounted the pump to the backside of the rad with an EK 120mm fan mount adapter I ordered separately. 

Main PC 

4 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

I mounted the pump to the backside of the rad with an EK 120mm fan mount adapter I ordered separately.

I want do the same thing with the bigger pump/res.

Just now, DerPfandadler said:

I want do the same thing with the bigger pump/res.

Yep, that's the exact same pump with a bigger res preinstalled, if I wanted I could order the taller res and stick it on mine and it'd be the same. They literally screw on/off the top of the pump, the pump itself is still a D5, same mounting system and everything across that whole lineup from what I've seen of them. They're all just bigger or smaller reservoirs. 

Main PC