Amd A10 7850 review, benchmark {OP UPDATE }

RespawnCake

Yes it is not that impressive as I was hoping for, still waiting for real review from someone like OC3D or Linus, Logan, ...etc. (Last hope :) )

Look at Cod Ghost bench. Max fps is much higher but look at minimum.Just 2 fps more than i5 hd4600

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1918/pg8/amd-a10-7850k-kaveri-apu-review-featuring-gigabyte-g1sniper-a88x-call-of-duty-ghosts.html

When starting to test Ghosts we wanted to see if any settings would be playable at 1920x1080. The end result, a mix of low and medium settings... not bad for an integrated GPU. In the comparison with Intel we see that AMD average around 8FPS more while also performing better on minimum and peaking much higher on maximum FPS.

Keep in mind if its the DDR3 spec alone thats needed as the requirement, they may release a more powerful model (stream processor count and clock speeds) that uses ddr3 specifically for this dual graphics solution.

Like a DDR3 270/x spec card. Still, 270x alone would beat it,.. but who knows, if the price is right....

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I love how you guys are composing this against discreet solutions. Compare it to Intel's ridiculous strategy of putting high end integrated graphics solutions on high end chips.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

True, but the mobos for lower end parts are a lot less expensive and have bad vrm designs. That would mean you need to buy z87. And then you need a beefy cooler and by then with all that money spent, if you spend a bit more you'd have an i7 or i5.

Still the reason why the PC even exists is because there is choice so why not add even more choice. If I want a £50 CPU and a £600 GPU there shouldn't be anything in my way. Not that I do though but if someone did,

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

CPU:  AMD Athlon II X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($80.97 @ OutletPC)  or fx4300 for 10-15$more
Video Card:  PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $180.96
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-14 10:20 EST-0500)

Minus 10-15$ that will be saved by getting a 1600mhz ddr3 instead of 2133mhz this is actually even cheaper and gives you 100-1xx % more fps..
7850k is a big flop for gaming

True, but you're getting a video card that you're going to throw out the window come summer and it won't even have true audio if anyone cares that is. Don't know where I stand on T.A., but a single APU on a new mobo with the option to expand later on...

AMD A10-7850K  154€

ASUS A88XM-Plus 60€

Mushkin Enhanced Redline Frostbyte DIMM Kit 8GB, DDR3-2133, CL9   68€

wow I just realised how much more expensive Hardware is in Germany

anyways that's what I'll be going for most likely. 

There are no mini-ITX boards with an AM3 socket, so for someone that is only going to buy an AMD processor, the only choice in that form factor is the APU and either a dual graphics capable card or discrete graphics. The great thing though, is such a person (like myself) can buy the APU only and add a discrete/dual graphics card down the road when the APU needs a boost for modern games. Better yet, just buy a new APU and never worry about spending $100s on discrete cards. I can build an entire gaming system for the cost of one 780. Only a minority of anal retentive gamers need crazy FPS at high resolutions.

There are no mini-ITX boards with an AM3 socket, so for someone that is only going to buy an AMD processor, the only choice in that form factor is the APU and either a dual graphics capable card or discrete graphics. The great thing though, is such a person (like myself) can buy the APU only and add a discrete/dual graphics card down the road when the APU needs a boost for modern games. Better yet, just buy a new APU and never worry about spending $100s on discrete cards. I can build an entire gaming system for the cost of one 780. Only a minority of anal retentive gamers need crazy FPS at high resolutions.

... no. I mean, if you are a fan of worse visuals then that's fine. But don't bash people who like to look at pretty things, in at least 1080p.