Is insight a legit 4k projector brand?

Hey, been wanting to get a 4k projector and someone locally is selling an Insight is670 projector for an excellent price but I can't find much information or reviews on it online? It says it is a native 4k projector. The retail is over $5000 dollars. If anyone has advice or personal experience with this device or insight let me know!! Thanks.

I hadn’t heard of them until this post. I did some quick digging and can’t find a whole lot about it. I did read at least one of the Insight models was discontinued. 

How much are are you paying for this thing? It’s not worth 5k even retail I know that. 

Just now, TheFlyingTraut said:

I hadn’t heard of them until this post. I did some quick digging and can’t find a whole lot about it. I did read at least one of the Insight models was discontinued. 

How much are are you paying for this thing? It’s not worth 5k even retail I know that. 

So a guy is selling the projector, a surround sound system, and a screen for $500. Seems a little too good to be true but I have no knowledge in projectors.

1 minute ago, circeseye said:

is this it?

http://www.insightprojectors.com/IS670.html

it says " true 4K UHD detail" but says FULL hd 1080p as resolution

Yeah, its that one and that was my question also, its marketed as being able to do true 4k but the details say its a 1080p projector?

4 minutes ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

I'm trying to read more into it but I need to keep digging. I'd avoid it. 

i'd have to agree...i cant find anything really on it....i found one person posted a video of it playing a movie...other then that nothing.....now insight does have actual 4k projectors but they dont look anything like this one...to me it just looks like a very expensive 1080p projector

18 minutes ago, pcguyiguess said:

So a guy is selling the projector, a surround sound system, and a screen for $500. Seems a little too good to be true but I have no knowledge in projectors.

so hes selling what was a 5k cost projector, the surround system and the screen for 500? yea it does seem to good to be true...if the projector was that good i just dont think a person would sell it that low and with everything else...it really doesnt seem right

It sounds like one of those "systems" that like home builders use, that are just utter garbage but carry a high MSRP. "We can install these surround sound speakers and a projector package for only $4999! Retail is over $13999!!" garbage.

ok this is ONLY a 1080p projector with 3 chip lcd dlp. claiming it produces 4k in "detail" it is not a 4k projector at all

ad on another site

Insight IS-670 projector $4,800.00

Brand new High end insight projector for sale $4800 Firm Display Tech Projector system:LED Lamp Resolution: Full 1080P Digital HDMI Projector Brightness:7200 Lumens Special Features 3D Optimized Light Engine Advanced Picture with Digital Video Noise ...

• 2 months later...

This is part of the white van scam. Projector is garbage and so is the surround sound and screen that comes with it