2700X temps, please help

I just bought a new PC, built from "komplett.se"

It has 2700X amd cpu

and stock wraith prism cooler. 

temps idle are at 58C? this cant be normal?

:/

while gaming 65-75?

should i be worried?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Thats a little warm on idle, you might want to try to apply some new thermal paste and remount the cooler 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

But its brand new. just bought it from the company. they build it from scratch..

Just now, haazey said:

But its brand new. just bought it from the company. they build it from scratch..

It happens, sometimes thermal paste may not spread as well as you want, or the cooler just isnt mounted that great.

If you don't want to do it yourself then send it back and get them to fix it

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

It happens, sometimes thermal paste may not spread as well as you want, or the cooler just isnt mounted that great.

If you don't want to do it yourself then send it back and get them to fix it

Okey, i guess i have to contact them tomorrow about it... seemed a bit high for just doing nothing.. :/ this sucks.

Welcome to the new world, get yourself a custom cooler suited for am4 slots. Even with a 160W tdp be quiet shadowrock 2 tf2 my so called 65 tdp ryzen 5 2600 cpu is about 10 degrees celcius hotter then my previous first gen intel 95W tdp cpu. after installation of 2 extra fans i'm finally getting temps in the 30's with this system!

Nah the 2700X runs pretty toasty. Mine Idles at about 46-54 and gets up to about 75-80C while pushing it.

Spoiler

image.png.b1ba640dbe176843f39e8648eabdfc22.png

What case do you have?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

52 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Nah the 2700X runs pretty toasty. Mine Idles at about 46-54 and gets up to about 75-80C while pushing it.

Hide contents

Phanteks P400 Glass Mid Tower

What case do you have?

1 minute ago, haazey said:

Phanteks P400 Glass case

Ah, that would explain it. The front of the case is pretty closed off so, that's most likely why it's a little hotter than usual.

Those temps are still safe but, if you want to go lower, you could get some more case fans if it only has the two. (One on front one in the back)

2 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Ah, that would explain it. The front of the case is pretty closed off so, that's most likely why it's a little hotter than usual.

Those temps are still safe but, if you want to go lower, you could get some more case fans if it only has the two. (One on front one in the back)

Yeah , its not that hard to mount fans right ? I could get two more

Just now, haazey said:

Yeah , its not that hard to mount fans right ? I could get two more

No, it's just 4 screws then you have to connect them to the Motherboard.

I'd suggest you put one more on the front and one on top of the case.

Why one in the front ? Was Thinking Two on the top since its closer to CPU .. but idk. I have not built any PC just swapped gpu ram hdd etc . Worried i might installera fans wrong way ^^ have to Watch a youtube vid to be sure 

Nah, installing fans is super simple.  The pretty side is the intake side and the ugly side with the fan's specs sticker on the hub is the exhaust side.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

8 hours ago, haazey said:

Why one in the front ? Was Thinking Two on the top since its closer to CPU .. but idk. I have not built any PC just swapped gpu ram hdd etc . Worried i might installera fans wrong way ^^ have to Watch a youtube vid to be sure 

I'd put an extra one in front because that should give your GPU some more direct airflow. And one on top for the CPU cooler.

Feel free to experiment with them once you have the fans.

Also, installing them isn't hard, the side that has the sticker on it is the back. That's where the fan exhausts the air.

Make sure to get 4-pin PWM fans because those can be controlled.

Sorry for the fuzzy picture its a screen shot of a screen shot.  But these are my temps an hour into Star Citizen with it still running and minimized.  Stock Wraith cooler I am using a Fractal Meshify case.  One fan front and back but the whole front and top are mesh.  I guess the openess to the outside air is making the huge difference between our temps.

FA8A5471-BD63-4952-BD34-B23EFE44C8BB.jpeg

18 hours ago, Slottr said:

Thats a little warm on idle, you might want to try to apply some new thermal paste and remount the cooler 

^^^ Idle temps are a bit warm, but load temps are fine. Mine hits a max of 81C under full load with my watercooling loop (single slim 360mm rad shared with a Vega FE so it's not the most favorable cooling setup, but it's about the same temps as on my 280mm AIO, and this is after about an hour or running both CPU and GPU at 100% with torture tests). Hit about 85C max on the stock cooler in torture tests too, but real world usage is usually lower. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

3 hours ago, cMc214 said:

Sorry for the fuzzy picture its a screen shot of a screen shot.  But these are my temps an hour into Star Citizen with it still running and minimized.  Stock Wraith cooler I am using a Fractal Meshify case.  One fan front and back but the whole front and top are mesh.  I guess the openess to the outside air is making the huge difference between our temps.

FA8A5471-BD63-4952-BD34-B23EFE44C8BB.jpeg

So should i just see what happens if i remove The glass? But i have 3 cats, needs to be covered 

8 minutes ago, haazey said:

So should i just see what happens if i remove The glass? But i have 3 cats, needs to be covered 

Don't. There's no need to open your case up completely. Just add some fans to it and you'll be fine.

Also, since you have cats you'll need to keep an eye on your dust filters because all the cat hair will make it clog up faster.

14 hours ago, Cyberspirit said:

Don't. There's no need to open your case up completely. Just add some fans to it and you'll be fine.

Also, since you have cats you'll need to keep an eye on your dust filters because all the cat hair will make it clog up faster.

I tried having  it open from start  but temps didnt drop below 50. Im omw to The company that built it so they can fix it 

14 hours ago, haazey said:

As others have said open to the outside is not good I am not suggesting that.  Just have to get more  airflow in there possibly, could be something else too like a bad thermal paste job.  I just lucked out when I picked this case for its looks that it has so much screened openness, It wasn't something I planned. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 11:58 AM, cMc214 said:

Just have to get more  airflow in there possibly, could be something else too like a bad thermal paste job. 

well i returned it to get it fixed, and got it back today. they said there was too much thermal paste but they fixed that. Got it back, started it. 57C idle....

4 minutes ago, haazey said:

well i returned it to get it fixed, and got it back today. they said there was too much thermal paste but they fixed that. Got it back, started it. 57C idle....

If you want it to run cooler I recommend getting another cooler and mounting it yourself. It's rather simple. Did you try installing any extra fans yet, like mentioned above?

If you need some recommendations on good air/water coolers we'd be glad to help. It doesn't sound to odd that your CPU is running around 50-60c inside of a case like that with the stock cooler. What is the temperature inside the room?

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

On 1/11/2019 at 1:00 PM, ChewToy! said:

If you want it to run cooler I recommend getting another cooler and mounting it yourself. It's rather simple. Did you try installing any extra fans yet, like mentioned above?

If you need some recommendations on good air/water coolers we'd be glad to help. It doesn't sound to odd that your CPU is running around 50-60c inside of a case like that with the stock cooler. What is the temperature inside the room?

i mean, i dont mind since it works perfectly, just worried since its kinda hot i think.. i dont know what will cause dmg over time, what temps are ok etc. 
And maybe i should get another cooling system, but i like the look of this one,(LED) etc..  and i have to apply thermalpaste? im not comfortable since i never did this before.. but ive watched and read alot on the internet. 

also , i talked to the ppl building this , they said extra fans wont do much, not 10-15degrees difference.. they said these 2 were fine