Is this an upgrade?

I currently have :

INTEL 6700

B8 GAMING MOTHERBOARD

Im going to upgrade to 

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

ASUS Prime B350

Is this worth an upgrade!?

If you're not selling your current platform or trading in for the upgrade, probably not. 

What's the system being used for and why are you considering an upgrade?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Depends. What's your performance target and other specs?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

If you're not selling your current platform or trading in for the upgrade, probably not. 

What's the system being used for and why are you considering an upgrade?

I want to upgrade because I video edit & work with different Adobe applications!

I'm currently trying to sell my motherboard & CPU to get the following !

My current spec is!

16gb

1060 turbo 6gb

ssd

5 TWINTURBO lamborghini fans

I also do play games like CS/PUBG/ARMA3/RUST :) etc

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Depends. What's your performance target and other specs?

Just now, callofjustices said:

I want to upgrade because I video edit & work with different Adobe applications!

My current spec is!

16gb

1060 turbo 6gb

ssd

For Adobe use, more cores is good. I say go for it 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The 2600x is more powerful then the 6700 by about 20%ish.

-アパゾ

12 minutes ago, callofjustices said:

Will i notice any frames difference ?

Also i did check the benchmarks <https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-6700-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2600X/3515vs3956>

Will i see a slight difference in performance !?

Don't take any stock in userbenchmark, or any site that compares CPU performance by a handfull of percentages and unreliable methods. You'll have good gaming performance.

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Don't take any stock in userbenchmark, or any site that compares CPU performance by a handfull of percentages and unreliable methods. You'll have good gaming performance.

i have a R 5 1600 OC to 3.9GHz and with a RX580 8gb and get about 80-130 fps in PUBG if that helps (while not streaming) 

19 minutes ago, callofjustices said:

My current spec is!

16gb

1060 turbo 6gb

ssd

I also do play games like CS/PUBG/ARMA3/RUST :) etc

i have a R 5 1600 OC to 3.9GHz and with a RX580 8gb and get about 80-130 fps in PUBG if that helps (while not streaming)