Help Me Please

PSU HELP
4 minutes ago, ears_ears said:

Seriously? The 650W and down BQ's clock in at tier 4 on the LTT PSU tier list, which is synonymous to "garbage".

Seriously? BQ garbage? Have you even read a review, lol?

https://www.computerbase.de/2017-02/be-quiet-pure-power-10-cm-evga-bq-test/2/

5 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

Even if it wasn't a bomb, it only has 120W available on the 12V rail

It has two 12V rails

5 minutes ago, Rexper said:

GPU manufacturers recommend power supply while considering,

a) a low quality power supply that can’t actually deliver its rated wattage

b) the rest of the system being power hungry

Your power supply, the AL-8360BTX, doesn’t look too promising. 

The 12V rail is the important one, where most of your power comes from.

Your unit has 120W on 12V1 and 156W on 12V2. Unfortuneately Allied doesn’t provide an overall 12v rating.

I’d think 12V1 is just for CPU and 12V2 is for the rest.

Doesn’t look like any APFC, group regulated, and the manufacturers test result on a similar model is way out of spec: http://www.apextechusa.com/support/certificates/AL-YYYYSFX(UL).pdf

But your PSU comes in BTX form factor. So I believe you’d need to replace it with another BTX PSU.

Where did you find that it mentions that it's a BTX form factor? I see that it's an ATX form factor PSU

Just now, Wufflez said:

Where did you find that it mentions that it's a BTX form factor? I see that it's an ATX form factor PSU

In the name. Al8360BTX.

And judging by pictures.

examples of other Allied PSUs: ALC200ATX, AL8300SFX.

One way to be sure is measuring your PSU.

Also, is there a 24pin plug connecting to your motherboard?

1 minute ago, Rexper said:

In the name. Al8360BTX.

And judging by pictures.

I am so confused. If someone can link me a power supply on amazon I'll buy it and go to best buy and get it installed, thanks

4 minutes ago, Rexper said:

In the name. Al8360BTX.

And judging by pictures.

image.png.7e5aae912bc619746c76508061909ff2.png

8 minutes ago, PSU HELP said:

I am so confused. If someone can link me a power supply on amazon I'll buy it and go to best buy and get it installed, thanks

Here you go: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FZLD2O0/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stppvp_3?pf_rd_p=d45777d6-4c64-4117-8332-1659db52e64f&pd_rd_wg=j36yR&pf_rd_r=5F40FNN6FD39M42Q818V&pd_rd_i=B00FZLD2O0&pd_rd_w=8LbJ7&pd_rd_r=0a2b8d25-b08d-4f80-969f-69feadb630c1&ie=UTF8&qid=1546128994&sr=3&th=1&tag=linus21-20

@Rexper is confused. What other people posting on here are saying. Your other components, mainly your CPU, are pretty dated. After you install the 1060 and you still have performance issues, I would take the new parts that you bought and try to build another computer out of that. 
I would challenge you to try to install the power supply yourself, since it's rather simple and pretty hard to go wrong. There are a lot of videos you can follow. However, if you really are uncomfortable, then you can take it to thinkgeek, or pay a friend or something.

1 minute ago, Wufflez said:

Here you go: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FZLD2O0/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stppvp_3?pf_rd_p=d45777d6-4c64-4117-8332-1659db52e64f&pd_rd_wg=j36yR&pf_rd_r=5F40FNN6FD39M42Q818V&pd_rd_i=B00FZLD2O0&pd_rd_w=8LbJ7&pd_rd_r=0a2b8d25-b08d-4f80-969f-69feadb630c1&ie=UTF8&qid=1546128994&sr=3&th=1&tag=linus21-20

@Rexper is confused. What other people posting on here are saying. Your other components, mainly your CPU, are pretty dated. After you install the 1060 and you still have performance issues, I would take the new parts that you bought and try to build another computer out of that. 
I would challenge you to try to install the power supply yourself, since it's rather simple and pretty hard to go wrong. There are a lot of videos you can follow. However, if you really are uncomfortable, then you can take it to thinkgeek, or pay a friend or something.

Appreciate the help man, I plan on getting a amd fx-8350 because it's pretty cheap and CPU's look easy to install, do you have discord by the way?

Just now, PSU HELP said:

Appreciate the help man, I plan on getting a amd fx-8350 because it's pretty cheap and CPU's look easy to install, do you have discord by the way?

Yeah, feel free to add: Wufflez #4132

@Wufflez ATX is not only a size and layout specification for motherboards and cases, but it's also a set of standards that determine things like the voltage delivered on cables. These standards apply to PSUs whether they come in the physical shape that fits ATX, BTX, or SFX.

I suggest you check the ATX wiki page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX#ATX_power_supply_revisions

AL 8360BTX

@Rexper is correct. The PSU OP has appears to be a BTX PSU.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

@Wufflez ATX is not only a size and layout specification for motherboards and cases, but it's also a set of standards that determine things like the voltage delivered on cables. These standards apply to PSUs whether they come in the physical shape that fits ATX, BTX, or SFX.

I suggest you check the ATX wiki page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX#ATX_power_supply_revisions

@Rexper is correct. The PSU OP has appears to be a BTX PSU.

I don't think it's a BTX PSU, but even if it is. There's no reason that his computer would not work with an ATX PSU. He even lists his mobo: GA-73LMT-USB3 
Which has:

1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector

So why would you go through the trouble of getting a BTX power supply?

8 minutes ago, Wufflez said:

So why would you go through the trouble of getting a BTX power supply?

With different form factors come different dimensions.

But I hadn’t realised BTX and ATX12V are almost identical and interchangeable, which they seem to be.

And a good quality 450W PSU would be more than enough for a GTX 1060 system.

32 minutes ago, PSU HELP said:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139146

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B72VXE6/

Install it yourself. The plugs are keyed to prevent you from putting them in the wrong spot. If you can plug a power cord in to a wall socket, you can install a computer PSU.
You will need to plug in cables from the PSU to the motherboard (24pin), the CPU (8pin, also located on the motherboard, top left hand side next to the CPU socket), your HDDs, and your graphics card. If any of your case fans use a large 4 pin connector you will need to plug those in to the PSU cables as well.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

11 hours ago, Wufflez said:

No need, that's overkill. There's something called an efficiency curve 
Image result for power supply efficiency curve
If you have a power supply, you want your wattage to land somewhere in the middle. If you have a high wattage power supply, and you don't pull much ~200-300 watts. Then it will "perform" worse than a lower wattage unit. I'd say 650 is perfectly fine for a 1060

This confuses me for a bit ;)  

What is the outgoing measurement/ value here?? This is the graph from one psu that delivers 750W right? 

9 hours ago, Rexper said:

With different form factors come different dimensions.

But I hadn’t realised BTX and ATX12V are almost identical and interchangeable, which they seem to be.

And a good quality 450W PSU would be more than enough for a GTX 1060 system.

No it won't that entirely depends on your system combination too…. If you run a high tier motherboard 500 is the minimum recommendation here no matter the gpu 

49 minutes ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

If you run a high tier motherboard 500 is the minimum recommendation here no matter the gpu 

Motherboards consume like 50W at the max...

The main power consumers in a system is the GPU and CPU.

Under load, the GTX 1060 3GB consumes ~120W. The FX 8350 with 125W TDP. A good 450w is plenty.

Why not throw the videocard in the PC and see if it works? I know the AMD FX CPUs are power hungry, but I can't foresee them using that much power. Under max load I hit 341W peak with my Ryzen 1700 and GTX 1080 so under normal usage a 350W might work for you. If it doesn't, it won't kill anything (unless your PSU is really bad, like dangerous to use bad). If you want to know for sure I highly recommend picking up a Kill-A-Watt meter off Amazon for under $20... they are excellent for measuring power usage and troubleshooting power issues.

-KuJoe

48 minutes ago, Rexper said:

Motherboards consume like 50W at the max... 

The main power consumers in a system is the GPU and CPU.

Under load, the GTX 1060 3GB consumes ~120W. The FX 8350 with 125W TDP. A good 450w is plenty.

No not really. to give another example prime boards, those around 3 to 500 euro's, can easily reach up to 200W 

27 minutes ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

No not really. to give another example prime boards, those around 3 to 500 euro's, can easily reach up to 200W 

Source?

29 minutes ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

With CPU, not the Motherboard alone.

The only thing that might eventually come close to that is the EVGA SR-2 - because of the TWO nForce 200 PCIe Bridges and X58 Chipset.

But that's what you need to go that high: a "real" Chipset - wich the X58 was the last to ever exist, modern shit is just an I/O Hub.

So TDP of those old things was indeed up to 50W or so. + nForce 200 and other shit.

Today the TDP of a chipset is 5W or less because most of the stuff was removed and integrated into the CPU (especially AMD wich also have USB and S-ATA as well as all the other good stuff integrated into the CPU wich only leaves a "dumb" PCIe to S-ATA, PCIe and USB Bridge wich is also said to be made by ASMEDIA).

So no, the Board doesn't consume that much...

And PCIe Switches are hardly used these days for whatever reasons...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

The internet is filled with sources … have you ever read a decent motherboard review? 

Anyway here is one @OrionFOTL 

if i'm not mistaken this is coupled with the 9900k so  -95 watts  

@Stefan Payne well if you look at these graphs.. this is certainly not with the gpu calculated in 

source: https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/asus_rog_z390_maximus_xi_formula_review/19 

power.jpg

55 minutes ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

if i'm not mistaken this is coupled with the 9900k so  -95 watts  

See the Gamersnexus Videos about that shit.

And no, the 9900K is not really 95W, that's only the case when the Board limits the TDP hart - wich some do not do.

Some let the CPU run free, wich is why you see the discrepancy in Power Consumption. It ain't the Board, it's the CPU!

And could you stop using that site???
I'd trust them as far as I can throw them.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 hour ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

The internet is filled with sources … have you ever read a decent motherboard review? 

Yes, read is the important part. Look at the top of your graph,

System Power Draw

Not motherboard power consumption.

Now read their test setup page. i9 9900k + GTX 980.

Those two are the main power drawers.

And when obtaining your power measurements from the wall, it’s not accurate to what your system truly uses as your power supply isn’t 100% efficient.

In that test’s case the PSU would’ve been about 92%, so the 402W reading is really 370w system power consumption.

So no, motherboard alone don’t use close to 200w.

On 12/30/2018 at 2:27 AM, Christiaan21-03 said:

This confuses me for a bit ;)  

What is the outgoing measurement/ value here?? This is the graph from one psu that delivers 750W right? 

This graph shows the efficiency curve relative to the wattage pulled from the wall. The example PSU is listed at the top a 650 watt power supply from EVGA, but all powersupplies follow a relatively similar curve.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:50 PM, Stefan Payne said:

And no, the 9900K is not really 95W, that's only the case when the Board limits the TDP hart - wich some do not do.

Some let the CPU run free, wich is why you see the discrepancy in Power Consumption. It ain't the Board, it's the CPU!

well in a lot of stores in the Netherlands tdp is actually equal'd to max power consumption based on the official intel specs, This also seems to check out with gpu's

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:43 PM, Rexper said:

Yes, read is the important part. Look at the top of your graph,

System Power Draw

Not motherboard power consumption.

Now read their test setup page. i9 9900k + GTX 980.

Those two are the main power drawers.

And when obtaining your power measurements from the wall, it’s not accurate to what your system truly uses as your power supply isn’t 100% efficient.

In that test’s case the PSU would’ve been about 92%, so the 402W reading is really 370w system power consumption.

So no, motherboard alone don’t use close to 200w.

Well in this case you seem to be right. I thought this was a standalone setup. Still if you take of 250 watts the top performer is still around 150.... a good oc and you can double that output... So yea your still wrong about the motherboard part