ArmA 3 - Low FPS

AkiKitty

Hello everyone, I have a question!~

My specs:

CPU FX-8370

Mainboard MSI 970 Gaming

Grafic MSI R9 390X OC 8G

Ram 16GB

I have extremely low FPS in ArmA (Doesn't matter if low or ultra), but other games run perfectly fine at ultra settings. For example GTA5(Even with Redux) - Rust - The Forrest - Just Cause

I was wondering if anyone knows if I can improve my FPS in Arma 3 without actually changing any hardware? I know it's a silly question, but maybe there are some tweaks... or magic system changes I have missed?

Or is my computer just complete garbage?

Btw. I am not really good with PC's :c Help would be super appreciated!! ♥

There's a steam community guide just for this.

Just Google optimize arma 3.

Should be one of the first link to show up.

Your computer isn't garbage. Bohemia isn't the greatest developer when it comes to optimization.

Your processor and GPU combination is not fit for Arma 3 garbage optimization.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

AMD CPU are bad for arma. 

They always have been due to no hyper threading. Arma prefers more power per core. 

Arma is fantastic because the only thing that affects the framerate is a direct CPU overclock or upgrade. The GPU hardly matters.

#Muricaparrotgang

22 hours ago, AkiKitty said:

I was wondering if anyone knows if I can improve my FPS in Arma 3 without actually changing any hardware?

Yes, improving your fps in Arma III involves lowering the right individual graphic settings.

magic system changes I have missed?

Arma III is terribly optimized so there's not gonna be much magic involved when trying to get a stable fps in the game.

Or is my computer just complete garbage?

Your PC is fine, just lower your expectations. Go into the graphic settings and just set everything to low and see how your fps is. Then just bump up the settings that you want to look good one at a time and take note of how much fps you lose for each setting. The more fps you lose, the lower you want to set the setting.

If you want to just know the perfect settings for your PC, let me know and I'll post them here in no time. Going to bed right now though. I still recommend you tweak the settings yourself for two reasons, one, Arma III is a game that performs dramatically different from PC to PC and two, tweaking settings is very educational.